Best Friends Never

It was a relatively average day.  Corbea, Cordon, Nobi and Roswell were all sitting in their living room.  Roswell was sitting on the couch watching his cat show.  Cordon, not feeling up to fighting him at the moment, just gave in and watched it too.  Corbea and Nobi were at the table, trying and failing at playing cards due to the fact that Nobi doesn't have hands.

Things seemed perfectly peaceful for once, but alas, it can never stay that way.  The peace was interrupted by the doorbell ringing.  Corbea perked up.  "I'll get it!"

Corbea walked over to the front door and opened it and saw...  Nothing.  Then he glanced downward and saw something;  a package.  "...Deja-Vu..."

"What?  What is it?"  Cordon ran over, trying to look past Corbea and get a view of whatever it was.

"It's...  Another package with no label."  Corbea lifted the box, bringing it to the table and staring at it blankly.

"...Another BOX??  Gimme it gimme it gimme it!  It's only fair!  Roswell destroyed the last one and it was for ME!  This one might be too!!"  Cordon whined.

"...You know what?  I'm just gonna open it." Corbea shakily pulled the tape off of the box, opening it and glancing inside.  He saw a weird, cube shaped metal thing with a note attached to it.  "Huh...?  What's this?"

"I dunno.  ...Can I have it?"  Cordon jumped up on the table to get a better view.

"Cordon, what'd I tell you about jumping on the table?"  Corbea shook his head slowly.

Cordon blinked.  "...Don't do it?"

"Exactly.  Now get down, please."  Corbea rolled his eyes.

"Ugh...  Fiiiine."  Cordon jumped back down, sitting in a chair next to Corbea.

Corbea returned his attention to the box, pulling the note off of the thing and reading it aloud.  "Dear neighbors.  You are sure to cause problems for me in the future, so I must dispose of you.  I will do so using my latest invention.  Unfortunately, I have no idea what it does, but it does something, so let's hope that something will get rid of you four.  Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood nemesis...  Doc.  .....PS:  It will activate when you say the activation word, 'cookie'."

Suddenly, not even a second after Corbea finished reading the note, a laser of sorts shot out of the cube right in Corbea's direction.  He gasped and quickly jumped out of the way.  It ricocheted off of the walls for a while before finally impacting Roswell.  

"GAH!"  Roswell fell to the floor upon being hit with the laser.  He just lay there for a moment, seemingly unresponsive.

"ROSSIE!!!"  Nobi immediately flew over to him in shock and concern.  Corbea and Cordon followed close behind.

"Roswell?  You, uh...  You okay down there?"  Cordon stared down at Roswell, pulling a stick out of nowhere and poking him with it a few times.

Suddenly, Roswell  began...  Glowing?  He stood up, and as soon as the glowing stopped, he charged up to Cordon and did something unspeakable.  He...  Hugged him???  What??  "I feel just spectacular, bestest friend!!!"

"Gah!  Wait, WHAT?"  Cordon just allowed himself to be hugged because he was in too much shock and disbelief to do anything about it.

"Roswell?  Are you sure you feel okay??  Did you hit your head or something?  Should we call an ambulance?  Or...  A vet?"  Corbea expressed the same feeling of shock, disbelief and confusion that Cordon was feeling.

Upon further examination, Roswell looked...  Different.  Rather than his usual pitch black, he appeared to be a very light shade of grey, almost white even, and his pupil was bigger than normal.  He looked oddly...  Adorable?  He turned to Corbea, happily, still hugging Cordon while doing so.  "I've never felt better!  I'm so glad to see you all, you're all my bestest besties, especially Cordon!"  He pulled all of them into a group hug, releasing them from it after a short while.