"How is it? Working with your ex?" Jimin asked.

"It's okay no more hard feelings. It just works between us no more" Hoseok said bluntly.

"If you said so." Jimin said.

They are out for work and wasting their lunch break in a not-that-expensive restaurant. They still have 30 minutes before their lunch break is over.

"Speaking of the devil.." Jungkook whisper.

"What?" Hoseok asked. Jungkook looks behind him and before he can turn his head to see what he is referring to, he heard girls yelling.

"What the fuck. Your ex is so popular" Jimin said. Hoseok rolled him and search for that certain ex. Their gaze met and received a smile that make Hoseok's heart sink.

No. Not again... I won't fall for it.

After their gaze met. He immediately looks away and looks at his friends that witnessed them locking gazes.

Different yells about their Oppa and clicking of the camera were heard from that restaurant. Some of the customers went away from the uncomfortable noises and some just shrug it off, not caring a bit.

"I think we should go" Hoseok said wiping some sauce on his lips.

"Someone's uncomfortable~" Jungkook teased.

"Someone's gonna get beaten~" Hoseok mimicked and playfully smacked the younger.

"Hahahaha. You two stop it. Let's go" Jimin said cleaning his own mess and the three stand to get up.

Hoseok didn't bother to look for the ex and fix his eyes on the exit the two saw that Kai's gaze follow Hoseok until the exit and the two knows that something is going on.

The day for the three has finally come to an end. Just fixing something on their lockers. Exchanging some conversations until they went home.

"Tell TaeTae I said hi" Hoseok said.

"Yes hyung. Bye for now!" Jungkook said and gone from their sight.

----

Hoseok found Yoongi on the couch once again but this time he was not sleeping. Just fidgeting with his laptop.

"I'm home hyung" Hoseok said and sit beside Yoongi and lean closer to the elder. Yoongi doesn't mind at all cause he knows how needy Hoseok is and they are comfortable with each other.

"How's your day?" Yoongi asked not fixing his gaze to Hoseok and typing something on his laptop.

"Nothing much yet this time Jungkook keeps on blabbering about Taehyung, Jimin said he will take the offer and work" Hoseok said and look at the laptop. "New song?"

"Yup" Yoongi said typing lyrics. "A romantic one"

"Ohoho, not your forte right?"

"Yeah so it's a little bit hard"

Hoseok nodded leaned closer to Yoongi's side and take his arm and hug it. "Hyung, are you ok now?"

"Yes, why wouldn't I?"

"No, I mean.. you and Jimin?"

"Yeah, you don't need to get worried. It all settled"

Hoseok hums on Yoongi's answer. The comfortable silence engulfed them and Hoseok just reading Yoongi's lyrics.

"What about you? You're going to work with your ex in less than a week. Are you ok with that?"

"Of course hyung. Just need to do some work" Hoseok said.

"If you said so.."

-----

A week had passed and since the encounter at the restaurant, Hoseok didn't see Kai. Jimin's leaving for LA is coming and he's starting to pack his clothes a little bit and settled his account and debts.

Hoseok is now on the bus going to SM entertainment to start his first day of work. He casually walks to the said building with his earphone on and does a log check to record his work. He wait in the practice room and do some routines that he prepared early on after Yoongi give him a copy of the song. He saw that the door opened through the mirror and unplug his earphone to his ears.

"I'm Jung Hoseok, I'm your choreographer sir" Hoseok said awkwardly and want to slap himself for that.

"Don't be so formal Hoseokie, we know each other" Kai said and slightly giggled. "You didn't change"

"Right.." Hoseok said. "We need to start now"

Kai sighed and slightly nod and do what Hoseok teaching him. He doesn't know that Hoseok can dance just know that he can sing but dance? No way in hell he didn't think about it. He's so amazed at how so slender the younger's body is and how swiftly it moves to the rhythm. The younger's face is serious about being professional and not letting his private issues hinder his work.

"Do you get it?" Hoseok asked.

"A little bit. Can you show me that again?" Kai asked.

Without a word, Hoseok did what he had been asked for. Looking at Kai as if he is watching him and he is watching Hoseok intently. Hoseok's facial expression changed and stop moving his body. He shakes his head for clearing his thoughts.

"How is it?" Hoseok asked.

"You're so great! You can be an idol if you want" Kai offered.

"No, that's not my forte. I'm just happy teaching somebody else to dance" Hoseok said.

"Are you with someone? I mean, do you have someone else" Kai asked.

Hoseok gulped at the sudden change of question. He didn't want to assume but what will Kai do if he said no? Is he trying to get back to him? Or is this just another trap?

"Yes, I do. Why?" Hoseok said. Testing Kai.

"With whom?" Kai asked.

"Why are you asking?" Hoseok asked too.

"I'm asking you Hoseok" Kai said.

"I'm not answering you" Hoseok said. The two exchange stares.

What's happening to him? Like he cares about me.

"Let's just not step on each other's privacy. This is just work between us." Hoseok said.

"But—" Kai said cutting himself and sigh. "Ok. But after your contract with me. Let's talk.. about us... no work involvements"

"I can't promise you that" Hoseok said turning on the speaker.

edited: 08/18/22