epilogue

epilogue five years later

epilogue
five years later

The sound of wood hitting the floor caused Ray to jump. The covers were wrapped tightly around her body as she stood by the sink, looking out into the snowy mountains and iced over lake. The moonlight was reflecting against the iced water and it seemed to lit up the entire valley.

Bucky stood across the room from her, and a pile of firewood was at his feet. A thick jacket covered his body and a black beanie sat on top of his ever growing hair. The rim of his nose was red and his cheeks matched, but the cold air felt good in his lungs.

Ray turned at the sound of her husband, and she immediately smiled at the sight of him. "Hey, handsome."

Thankful for the cold making his cheeks red enough to hide the blush he still got when she called him that, Bucky walked closer to his wife. "I thought you were asleep." He approached her slowly and pressed a light kiss to her lips.

"I was. Then I realized that somebody wasn't asleep. Nightmares again?"

Bucky nodded slowly. "They're never going to go away."

"It's only been ten years. Give it, say, two more." She teased him.

Bucky smiled and leaned down to kiss her again. Then he knelt down on the wood floor and pressed his lips to Ray's swollen belly. "Is she giving you hard time?"

"Yes, a little brat."

"Just like her mother." Bucky looked up at Ray.

"Or her father." Ray said, then she paused. "Although I don't know, Sam's never that bratty."

"You know I don't like that joke."

Ray smiled and ran her hand along the bump that seemed to grow more and more every day. "I know. But I can't help it."

"Mhm." Bucky stood up and wrapped his arms around her body, though she immediately pulled away.

"My pajamas are really thin and you were just outside. No touching with that jacket on." She warned her husband.

He only smiled as he took off the jacket and then moved in again to hug his wife. "Since we're up..."

"Oh, God." Ray rolled her eye.

"Come on, please. It'll make me feel better." Bucky nearly pouted.

"You are a grown man you should not be this childish." Ray shook her head, but allowed Bucky to pull her towards the living room.

The large windows displayed the beautiful Alaskan sky, were the northern lights danced above them. Bucky pulled her down to sit at the window seat, and both of them were held captive by the beauty above them.

"I don't think I will ever get tired of that." Ray said softly and leaned against her husbands chest.

"Me neither."

"Thea's going to love it." Ray set her hand on her belly once again.

"She will."

A peaceful silence fell over them, and it wasn't until nearly ten minutes passed that Ray spoke again. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. I got a message from Tony today. Everyone's planning on making a visit."

"What do you mean by everyone?" Bucky looked down at his wife.

"I mean everyone. We're going to have at least ten people sleeping in our house by this time next week."

"So you're saying that we will have two pregnant woman in the house?" Bucky asked.

"Yeah."

"Fuck. And I thought missions were hard."