twelve

chapter twelve banner

chapter twelve
banner

The small room was quiet when the three people walked into the room. Steve, Sam, and Natasha were already sitting at the table, and a new Wakandan warriors stood post both in and out of the room.

When Ray stepped into the room she walked over to Nat, sitting down next to her. Bucky sat beside her.

"What are we doing here?" Ray whispered to Nat.

"I have no idea. We were just asked by T'challa to come." Nat replied.

"How are you feeling?" Sam asked Ray. It was the first time that he saw her since her surgery. He accompanied Natasha outside the palace and more into the city.

"Good. Better than you." Ray smiled at her friend.

"Alright," The King interrupted as he sat down. "As much as I would enjoy to continue this conversation, I would like to introduce a new topic of discussion."

"What is it?" Steve asked.

"As you are all aware of Miss Banner's condition, we will not be able to help her without the exact replication of the gamma radiation incident. Perhaps within a few months we would have been able figure something out but Ray does not have a few months."

"Wait, what?" Natasha looked between Ray and T'challa. "What do you mean?"

"Thanks for that." Ray smiled tightly. She did not want her friends to worry about her the way that Bucky was.

"What's going on?" Sam asked.

Ray looked at them. "I'm dying, okay? It's not a big deal."

"Not a big deal? What? Were you going to tell us or we were supposed to find out after the funeral?" Sam was beyond pissed at his friend.

"Seriously why wouldn't you tell us that?" Natasha looked at Ray with disbelief.

"I am to assume she did not share the news because we are working on a cure of sorts as we speak." The King spoke for Ray.

Ray did not like people speaking for her but she allowed it this time.

"But we cant find anything without her father." Bucky reached over and took Ray's hand.

T'challa smiled and looked at one of the woman that had accompanied. A file was set down on the table. "We found him."

"What?" Ray sat up immediately.