"There ya go," she coaxed, rubbing your back as the other nurse smiled from the front of your bed as you slowly sat all the way up. You could see now that a polar bear stuffed animal was at the edge of your bed, your eye's widened slightly and then they softened. Shouto.... You smiled lightly, drinking quietly as the nurse took notes of your condition before replacing your I.V. and checking your blood flow.

After a few moments, they left, giving you no time to ask any other questions, you pouted quietly before moving aside your third cup of water to move onto your fourth. However, midway, you jumped as the door opened without warning, you turned and you gasped before smiling widely. You moved the sliding platter over, almost too roughly as you father stood in the doorway, eye's watering in relief and his grin impossibly wide as he rushed over to you. "Daddy!" Your voice cracked alittle but you leaned over the side, still attached to your I.V. your father wrapped his arm's around you, crushing you, as gently as he could, to his chest.

He pulled away after enclosing you in his warm for a few moments, "(y/n), darling, oh my darling," he kissed your forehead lovingly, breathing in shakily as he finally was able to hold you after so long. He laughed in relief, in awe, "Oh my little girl, you're awake. How do you feel?" He caressed your face, he couldn't help but silent as he saw your face, you were aive, color was returning to your cheeks and you were grinning up at him.

You looked at your father, he was in a hospital gown, like you, his torso wrapped in bandages, he had lost weight, alot of it. His two strands of hair, usually standing straight up were now limp and hanging at the sides of his face, he still had a build of muscle but he was gradually losing it. You placed your hands atop his, "I'm okay, I feel fine now. It hurt alittle when I woke up, but I feel much better," you smiled, Toshinori grinned relaxing slightly. "But, what about you? Are you ok? You're hurt," you reached out, your fingertips touching the bandages across his shoulder, staring up at him worriedly.

Your father chuckled slightly, you were still worried about him even if you were in just as much pain, if not more, a few moments ago. "I'm alright, love. Don't worry about me," he cupped the side of your face, stroking your cheek with his thumb fondly. "You're wonderful, darling." You giggled at him cutely, your hand pressed into his, holding his large finger in your tiny grip.

He then scoops you up as gently as he can and hugs you again, you bury your head into his chest, holding him close, you could hardly remember what had led you both here, but you were glad that you could embrace him again. It's been so long.
Toshinori held you just as close, his smile flickered and he closed his eyes, you wouldn't be able to comprehend the relief he was feeling right now, he was grateful, so grateful to have you breathing and safe in his arms. He'd never take a moment with you for granted, he'd never let you feel like you weren't important enough to him. He'd be the father he promised you.

As the days went on in the hospital, you watched as your father grew skinnier, your worry becoming apparent as you questioned it. He didn't move around as much anymore, the doctors told him it wasn't healthy, he had surgery the day after you woke up and you couldn't help the swell of sadness that overcame you. You wished you could do something, you wanted so badly to be able to help your father, but as you stared down at your hands, you couldn't will your power to come forth. There was nothing to give, you were drained, you felt so powerless.

You turned towards your flower vase, the sunflower your father had given you when you were asleep, it leaned your way as if beckoning you. You reached towards it, your hands wrapping around its stem and lifting it from the water. It dripped onto your sheets as you laid it flat in front of you, you hadn't used your quirk for a while. You hoped this would be enough to help your father heal, you closed your eye's and took a breath before you urged your quirk to flow to your arm's. You felt it...but it wasn't the same. Your eye's burst open, you let out a silent scream, it was suffocating, your hands going to your chest instantly, it hurt, your chest felt like it was on fire. You felt your heart pulse and beat harshly, with every pulse you felt a splinter of pain, it rushed through you like a current and you were hit with every wave. Drowning you. You realized you couldn't breath, you let out a choked cry as you fell backwards, clutching your burning chest desperately. It lasted for a few more minutes, but it felt like hours, you whimpered as the nurses finally arrived to check on you. Informing you of the dangers of using your quirk now that the accident had happened, you cried silently when they left.