Chapter 3: A Demon In The Stars⭐

"Kai, I swear if you-"
"HA! I win AGAIN!"

Kai had just won another game of Mario Kart, meanwhile Soobin had just lost another. The two had been playing since they got there. Soobin had won a couple times, but Kai won alot more. They got up for a drink or snack only a couple times, but other than that, they'd been in their room the whole time.

Yeonjun and Beomgyu however, stayed outside in the living room watching TV, going on their phones, and grabbing small snacks.

It was 3 PM at this time and they had gotten there at 1 PM, so they were there for 2 hours now with nothing to really do. They were all just doing their own things, at one point Yeonjun even took a one hour nap.

There wasn't really a word spoken between Beomgyu and Yeonjun since Beomgyu talked to the other male about his cat. The only noise that flood through the room was the TV and movement against the couch.

Beomgyu was now sitting with his legs hanging off the couch and his arm propped up on the arm of the couch with his head leaning on it. Yeonjun on the other hand had his legs curled up to his chest as he held them with his left hand while his right hand was occupied with his phone.

He seemed to be texting someone, although it wasn't clear who it was. Beomgyu liked having friends, especially if they were trustworthy, so it's obvious he wanted to get closer to Yeonjun, as a friend of course.

He knew all the risks ahead of becoming his friend from the moment Kai and Soobin assumed they were"a thing" in the cafe. The trouble of trying to get to know him. Why this was considered a trouble to him? Yeonjun seemed like the type who was maybe too shy for his own good. He wouldn't speak up about what was actually happening and it took him a good while to respond to Kai's questions.

He also knew that Kai and Soobin would most definitely give them the"You two would be amazing together" look every time they would hang out, and if not obvious enough, this annoyed Beomgyu more than it should most of the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~7 PM~

Beomgyu was brought back to reality from his phone when he noticed Yeonjun almost immediately jumped up from the couch and started towards the balcony which was just in front of where the couch was. Beomgyu curiously, and slowly, followed behind him.

Yeonjun was staring up at the sky almost motionless, although his eyes were moving across the sky rather quickly until his eyes stopped at one spot in the vast sea of stars in the sky. Beomgyu was still stood behind him and looked up at the spot Yeonjun appeared to be looking towards. 

"What are you looking at?" Beomgyu questioned as he still couldn't pin point exactly where or what the boy was looking at. There were so many bunched in the one area Yeonjun was looking he couldn't tell if he was looking at a cluster of small ones, a mixture of small or large, or just one star by itself. His thinking was stopped when Yeonjun responded quietly to him,"I'm looking up at...uhm..." Yeonjun paused for a moment, as if thinking of what exactly he should say next in response.

"I'm looking up at that star right there, see?" Yeonjun says while pointing up towards the sky full of stars. Beomgyu, still being a bit behind him still can't exactly tell and so he moves closer towards him to be able to see what exactly he's pointing at. His eyes finally settle on one star in particular, a very large a bright star. It honestly surprises him that he didn't notice that Yeonjun would be pointing at that one star. It sticks out so much, Beomgyu almost completely forgot that it wasn't the only star in the sky.

"Wow...that's beautiful." Beomgyu's voice is almost completely hushed as he says this, being mesmerized by the bright light the star is emitting. Yeonjun nods quietly while closing his slowly, as if time has no meaning and he could sit there for eternity.

"If only I could be up there with you..."

Beomgyu looks back towards Yeonjun, as if brought back from a hypnosis,"What was that?" Yeonjun shoots his eyes back open like he completely forgot he wasn't the only one out on the balcony staring up at the sky. He looks towards Beomgyu shyly and lets out a short and awkward laugh,"I-I said nothing, uhm...l-let's go back ins-" He looks through the glass of the balcony door only to begin panicking and rethinking what he had just said,"N-Nevermind...! I-I'm okay out here..." 

Beomgyu turned to look inside to see what had stopped Yeonjun in his tracks. He let out a short sigh which was stopped by laughter as he returned his attention to Yeonjun,"Hahahaha! Y-You're still afraid of my cat, r-right?" His words were a bit choked up from all the laughing he was trying to contain. Yeonjun looked down shyly and embarrassed,"Y-Yes..." 

He had his right hand on his left arm as he looked down at his feet trying to avoid Beomgyu's gaze,"Why are you even really scared of cats? They aren't exactly vicious." Beomgyu was quite curious about how Yeonjun viewed certain things. Like, why would he be scared of a small cat? Yeonjun looked back up at the sky and at the star once again before quietly saying,"I don't really know...I guess it's just a thing about my k...- m-me..." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Beomgyu's POV~

"My k..."? What was he about to say before he cut himself off? This guy certainly is pretty shy, but what could he have wanted to say in the first place? I can't exactly place my finger on what he's all about...I guess maybe he's just socially awkward or just doesn't know how to properly communicate, and I don't even know him that well so I can't judge him right away, he seems nice enough so I'll just push that thought to the side...

"Oh, heh...okay then, either way, we can still go inside. I'll bring my oh so ferocious kitten to Kai and Soobin and have them watch over her." I continued to tease him about his little fear of my cat. All he did in response was puff his cheeks a little and turn away from me.

I opened the door as Yeonjun cautiously walked back inside, once again, never letting his eyes leave from the couch where my cat was laying peacefully. Once he was inside, I moved away from the door and grabbed my cat from the couch,"Come on~ We don't wanna keep the scaredy cat waiting any longer~" 

"Cat? What? I-I'm not a cat...?" His voice was full of confusion and I thought to myself,"Is this guy really this dense?" I decided that it wouldn't be in my best interest to say something that could possibly be insensitive.

I still can't help but wonder what he was going to say though, it sounded as if he felt like he couldn't finish what he was going to say with me around...

I shouldn't dwell on it too much, it's pretty much nothing to even really worry about anyways.