The Letter

I was too consumed with happiness, engulfed with the idea that he was all mine, at last. My life was filled with joy day and night, he would wrap me in his arms and whisper sweet nothings in my ear, slowly kissing me neck and making me feel like I’m the only woman in the whole world.

Marc slid his hands down my ass, and had it in his strong grip. I moaned in pleasure and breathed in as he kissed me and invaded my mouth. His bulging hard on was resting against my stomach as we stood outside my apartment making out like fucking teenagers.

“Get a room!” I heard from behind me. Turning around I spotted Mrs Addams smirking at us, winking at me as she passed to unlock her door.

“Sorry Mrs Addams!” I hid my face in Marc’s neck and felt him smirking against my forehead. He patted my ass and wrapped his warm arms against me, holding me tightly to him.

“No you’re not!” I  heard him whisper, his strong grip on my body tightening.

I looked back and stared at his eyes, looking deeply in his brown orbs. I nodded and smiled widely, kissed his chin and rested my head against his neck.

“No I’m not.” I agreed .

“Let’s get you inside,  baby.”

I unlocked my door and we went inside, he closed the door with his foot and looked at me with hunger, staring at me like I was his prey ready to be shredded in pieces as he feasted on me. Marc approached me showing me his devastating smile, loosened his belt and slid down his pants, unbuttoned his shirt with slender fingers and revealed his toned muscled body. I shivered and came to stand before him running my hands over his abs, leaned in and breathed in his scent. All male. Sweet baby Jesus, he was all male.

“Where have you been all my life?” I asked ignoring the sting in my chest.

“Where have you been baby?” he unzipped my skirt and watched it drop down the floor, “Lift your arms.” He ordered and I applied, he lifted my lace blouse above my head and the second it hit the ground he attacked my breasts.

“Can we not…”

“You don’t want…?”

“I do I just want to talk.” I said and examined his features.

Marc backed me to the couch and cuddled me against him, my chest was to his and I rested my head against his lips . enjoying the warmth he’s providing, I ran my hands over his lips and smiled as he kissed my fingers softly.

“What do you want to talk about?”

“The past.”

“Fiona…”

“I just.. want to make sure…”

“I didn’t love but you. I’ll never love but you, calaín àlain.”

I sighed and nipped his chest lightly, biting off the ache in my chest.

“Will  you ever forgive me…”

“Stop. I was a horrible piece of shit. I heard your chokes after you got out, I never contacted you or asked.”

“You were hurt.”

“So?! Doesn’t make it any better, Fiona.”

I exhaled and looked up to his now stinging eyes, his gaze was blurred by unshed tears as he held me closely against him.

“After I sent the letter, I was sure you were going to barge in and hold me in your arms…”

Marc sat abruptly, backing me up to a sitting position, held my face in his hands and looked inside my soul.

“What?! What letter!?”

“I sent a letter, explaining what happened…When…”

“Who did you give the letter to?!”

“What’s going on…?”

“WHO!?”

I gasped and held onto his wrist trying to get free from his grasp, he didn’t let go and made sure I’m in his grasp, held me close to his face and pressed on my cheeks with his fingers.

“Sally.” I replied  

Marc closed his eyes and put his forehead to mine, swallowing a sob as he caressed my face with his big strong hands, he ran his head down my face, to my eyes and held my chin up.

“All this time.” He shook his head. “ All this time there was a fucking letter.”

“I don’t understand.” My hands trembled like a leaf as I looked at his teary eyes. “I gave my letter to your sister the day you were going back to Belfast. I knew I’m never going to see you again…I just wanted you to  have a piece of me before you go…but Marc…” I choked and let out a sob, watching him slip out of my hold and stand up. His figure trembled, his back was to me and his head was bowed down, and it was turning left and right in disbelief. We’ve been played, a horrible horrible game.

“You’re my whole life.” I heard him say after a minute of silence. “ You’re my whole fucking life, woman. And I’m going to make sure she pays for the years of separation. She’s going to fucking pay for every tear that came out of those beautiful eyes, and every sob that left your body. Fiona, cailín àlain, she’s going to pay.” He forced out, turned to me and made me stand up before him. He held my face against his neck and held  me as my sobs rocked my body and shocked. All this time, dear God.

“I love you.”

“I adore you, Fiona.”

“What happened, Marc. I explained everything and expected you to understand. I left out my pregnancy, but I just wanted you to get my love before you go. I never mentioned Dr James in the letter or the baby, I just wrote about my feeling, but would you have read it? And never burned it?”

“I was a minute away from opening the door and make you come back to my arms, a letter would make me fly back from Belfast and knock on your door the minute I’m out of the airport. You’re asking if your letter would have made changes? Baby, a letter would’ve made me do the impossible to get back to you.”

“I don’t like your sister.” I stated out loud. He chuckled and kissed my face, peppering his love all over my features, but then stopped at my lips and kissed my mouth, forcefully gripping my neck and made love to my lips with his tongue.

“I’m going to make her pay.” He whispered against my lips. “ she wants my inheritance and wants the companies by right, she wants everything, that greedy little girl. Baby, I’m going to make her fucking pay.” He said menacingly, lifted me in his arms and stomped upstairs to fuck away his frustration. And who am I to complain?!