Barging In

I groaned to the sound of that stupid alarm clock my sister installed in my room, it wakes up the dead!

“Lisa! Turn that shit off!” I yelled at my sister who’s sleeping in the next room.”Ugh!” I smacked the tablet with my finger to shut it off. I hear light calming footsteps reach the doorway of my room, and my wooden door opens to reveal the zombie sister. She waltz in, calmly, like a dancing dove (Sarcasm) and shuts it off, whispers good morning to me and leaves my room. I’m a wreck, and she’s as calm as koala..

I knife up, slip on the cute fuzzy slippers while avoiding the cold stone floor underneath my feet like a champ, stroll in the bathroom and pee away the amount of water I had last night after the Thai night with the koala sister.

“Babe do you know where my headphones are?” Lisa asked, while she watches me from the doorway of the bathroom while I wash my hands. I look at her and narrow my eyes and wave at her neck. She reaches up and sleepily pats her neck and smiles with heavy eyes, I shake my head at her and smack her with a towel playfully.

“I better be smelling the coffee from here! Go !”

I wash away the eyeliner stain off my face and stare at the mirror. I had the dream again, Marc came to me again last night, in the dream, he just barged in like he always does and invaded the only place I have left of sanity. Rudely I might add, it’s not that I could just shut him out, my Subconscious doesn’t like to be controlled, so I let him in, whispering sweet nothings in my ear  , loving me for the first time under the moonlight that shined through my room, while he held me after our first time. That first time , where I had the right to be complete for one day only, and had to hear the shatter of my fucking heart the next.

Enough of this bullshit.

I got in the shower, scrapped away the memory of that dream that couldn’t help get a firm hold of my brain, wishing that water that was pouring down on me could just get them off with the shampoo. Half an hour passed, getting out and slipping on my bathrobe, I snuck in the kitchen to see Lisa holding her head with her palm and leaning on kitchen island while her eyes slowly, and cutely might I add, drop exhaustingly.

“Babe, wake up Lisa” I whispered softly through her ear.

“Hmm?” she strikes awake with utter alarm in her eyes.

“Go to sleep, babe. I’ll wake you when Remy rings , okay?”

“Love you, Fi” she mumbles while she zombie walks again to her bedroom.

Fi, the nickname she gave me while she held onto my fist the first time I tried to beat down the shit out of a boy that called her a cunt for refusing him. I’m calm..no really, I’m so calm and shy and just get instantly red when I’m addressed to. Literally, my pale face becomes the reddest and my aqua eyes budge out and then I twirl a lock of my ginger hair with my finger and stare. Lame, I know. But then I hear something wrong about Lisa, and then my super big sister instinct kicks in, and Woosh  I have a cape and tights and laser eyes and I’m off to rescue Lisa. See, my parents just left to a trip for Jesus land, I was 17, she was 12 and gran was there of course, but two teenagers losing their parents on their 20th anniversary by a terrorist suicidal bomb in Louisiana, that slaps you in the face, hard and leaves a mark that even ointments can’t remove it.

6 years have passed, it still stings like a bitch. But hey, time heals right? Well, Mister Time Man, can you please just sooth our aches, or are you on strike just like Mister Good Luck and Madam sleep?

Climbing up the stairs to my bedroom , I brush my hair and wrap it into a messy bun, buckling my black lace bra and my matching panties. Sliding in my black shirt patterned with red blood roses and my dark red high waist flowing skirt, I buckle my Dr marten’s boots and rush down to the door who is getting pounded by the beast, my sister’s best friend, Remy.

“One day I’m going to make you change all the doors in this house.” I snap at him as I open the door.

“Whoaaa there red kitty, you’re soiling your precious floor with too much poison” he answers as he strides in kissing my cheek. “Plus, you love me too much” He grabs my cheek with his hand and he squishes my face till my lips pucker up, I narrow my eyes at him hoping he makes a move so I could smack him silly.

He throws his head back, laughing at my face.

“Hi, Fi” He says, smiling down at me. Yes, down. That man is a tree.

“Hey, Rem” I hug him , trying to wrap my arms around him, but failing miserably. So big, really!

“Is she okay?” He whispers into the hair on top of my head.

I look up and nod slowly, he sighs and releases me, sitting down on the couch and raising his converse on my coffee table. I smack his legs down and sit right next to him.

I reach down and get my bag, filled with things I need, I apply my make up, kiss his cheek and stride to the door with my small spiked backpack hanging on my right shoulder.

“Remy, wake her up please, make sure she has her coffee and her breakfast…” I was cut by his voice,”Fiona..” he warns, nodding to my coffee cup still resting on the coffee table. “I take care of her every day, just go please!”

“I’m the big sister, remember? “

“And I'm the best friend, remember?”

I sigh and look at him, yes, he is. I know he loves her, and can’t admit it. The pussy. But hey, Mister Time Man will smack them together one day, and maybe even heal our wounds..?

“Please make sure she wears the black dress I hanged, we need to be at church at 8 pm.”

“Got it.”

“Love you, Rem”

“Love you too , Fi!”