The secrets of an Unknown Cousin

My name is Eliza Lane; I live with my Mom, who's a drunk and stupid. She dropped out at the age of 15, I know terrible. It's just us, my dad died when I was four before he died he gave me my favorite shell necklace, and I'll cherish it till the end. Anyways, today is my first day of high school at Highland Academy, also not mention I live in Portland, Oregon. I woke up and got dressed in my purple overalls and a black and white striped shirt. *Wow, That's great, Wow That's great* My ringtone said, it was my best friend, Elexa, "Hey, ready for the first day of school?" She questioned. "Yes, actually, I have a good feeling today is going to be unpredicted," I said, "well, goodbye, see you later," I said and hung up. I quickly rushed and ran out of my room as I saw the time, grabbed my jacket and my checkered Vans, "Hey, why you rush, Eliza?" My mom said slowing taking the cigarette out of her black, chapped mouth. "If I don't leave now, I'm going to be late." I said, "Okay, but come." My mom grabbed me and kissed me on the forehead with her slimy lips, Ewwww, I thought to my self. I pushed away from her and ran outside to my bike, and hopped on it and rode to school quickly. 

About 13 minutes later, I had arrived and went to my first period. I walked in, sat down and got set up. "Hello everyone, welcome to the first day of school. My name is Fanny Lomez, but of course, you cannot call me that, you may call me Mrs.Fanny or Mrs. Lomez. Let's get to work. 

I spaced off in the trees outside the window, until I heard my last name, "Huh?" I said, "We'll be starting a new lesson today, about Sydney Lane, A girl who fought her life," Mrs. Fanny said, Sydney Lane, who is that? She has my last name, I listened closer. "Sydney Lane is a girl from Portland, She faced her life. Now, I'm going to tell you her story. Sydney Lane. a couple of years ago went to Highland but something was bothering her real bad. She-" Mrs.Fanny said as the bell interrupted her, "Let's go Eliza." Elexa said, "Hey, Elexa, you think the girl Sydney's' related to me, she has the same last name, I'll ask my mom, see you later." I said feeling curious. 

As the day ended and I walked home still thinking heavy on the "Secret relation" topic. As I walked through the door, I instantly ran upstairs, and put my things away. I walked back down slowly, "Mom, I have a very hard question I need you to answer now, because if not now, then you won't tell me ever." I said trying to hold back the tears of my family's secrets.  "What is it?" She asked not noticed I was about to drop a huge bomb on her. "Who is Sydney Land, is she my sister, cousin, aunt, what?" I asked. "What are you-" She began, "Um, no not, uh," She answered cutting her self off as she took a drink of her wine. "Mom, I want you to be completely honest with me, is she related to me?," I asked, she sat in silence, "Answer me, please!" I shouted "Fine, you want the answer, yes, she's your cousin, her dad is my brother." She answered again. I slowly busted in tears and rage, "Mom, why didn't you tell me?" I said, sobbing hard. "Because I didn't want you to know you related to her, she has a heartbreaking story." She continued, "I ran outside on my bike and went back to the school to find Mrs.Fanny.