Meeting Sir Nighteye

_________________

_________________

"You must be Sir Nighteye." You point out as you feel crushed by his glare. This man feels intense god what's up with him. Why's he so, mean and angry looking. Can he stop? "I- um- I'm [L/n] from U.A. and I'm here for my internship." No, you sound too nervous. What would Iida do? No, he's too formal you need to be chill, Bubble girl said he likes jokes right?

He keeps his cold stoic glare as you take a deep breath and relax a bit.
Okay, it's time to be a chill bill. Be casual, you can do it. Ask him a question
"So why are you called Sir Nighteye?"
No that's too dumb of a question.
"I watch over people. My team and I keep an eye over the city. We keep track of villains, where they regularly meet and how they make their way through their underworld. We find ring leaders and take them down. We stop trades and put villains in jails. Without us many illegal gatherings would be taking place right now under our noses. We watch what others can't to keep people safe from harms way. In this internship you'll learn how to be an eye at night and to discover what would usually be unfindable. "

Wait, your dumbass stopped listening half way through.
"Bro that's wack."  You say and look to the man before looking to the floor and house plant next to you. You wonder if it's real.
Sir Nighteye stands from his desk and nerves rise inside of you. His eyes flash up but you're distracted by something else.

"Nighteye. More like a bloody Lamppost." You mutter when seeing his height. He's so extra and tall no wonder the ceiling is higher than most offices. How does he even breathe up there? The air must be thinner.

Wait, did you say the first part aloud? Nah, no, of course not. No. You didn't Call Sir Nighteye, the man you're interning under, a 'Bloody Lamppost'.

Sir Lamppost chuckles at your words
"You're quirk." He begins and finally removes the glare. Thank god, you were honestly a few minutes away from a panic attack. Well no, a few seconds away is more accurate.
"Teleportation. I understand you can use it on yourself and other objects." He states and grabs a pen off his desk. "If you can take this from my hands then I'll let you intern under me. If you can't then I hope another agency will let you in at the last minute."

This man seems familiar. However, he's not a big outspoken hero. You don't think you've known him for long. Maybe you've just seen him in the streets. He does look like a basic man who would work in an office. is there something that connects you two? When have you seen him.
There's the yellow stripes in his hair. His triangular glasses. No, it's none of that. Why do you recognise him.

You release a breath and begin to teleport the pen over to your hand. However the man quickly snatches it away, he cut the teleportation in half and you instantly feel the panic kick in.

God this idiot, he's doesn't even know what he's done.
You grab onto the man's jacket before teleporting you both outside into the corridor.

Sir NightEye looks around confused for a second before a muffled bang is heard inside of his office. An understanding face grows as he looks down to you. You still hold onto his jacket as you recover from your flinching. The bang scares you every time.
"If an item moves quick enough while I'm teleporting it, stuff gets messed up. You know, atoms and things. They get separated and that takes a lot of energy and—" you cut yourself off as Sir Nighteye carefully opens the door to his office.

There's some scorch marks on his desk and a piece of paper is one fire. But other than that Everything is fine!
An ear pinching alarm rings as sprinklers go off.
Of course, the smoke detectors.
You forgot those existed.

"So, how important was that Pen to you?" You ask and finally let go of his jacket. Sir Nighteye looks down to you with a smile.
"It was of small importance compared to your actions." He responds with warmth as he pushes his glasses up his face. You miss Iida.
"Yeah Sir NightLight you're gunna have to dumb that down for me. I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not."

Luckily only Sir Nighteye's office and the corridor outside had the sprinklers going off

Luckily only Sir Nighteye's office and the corridor outside had the sprinklers going off. But everywhere had the alarms. Several pro heroes came to make sure you and Sir Nighteye were okay. Of course you were. Just wet. Not in the sexual way. That's gross.

Sir Nighteye decided it would be best for you to change into your hero costume rather than your soaking uniform. He's also seemed to warm up to you. You're no longer getting that cold harsh glare!
Who knew your mischievous behaviour could actually lead you somewhere!

Sir Nighteye and a few of his side kicks took you on patrol with them. You've seen heroes on patrol before. It's casual and apart of life.
But this is weird.

You're going down back allies and climbing up and around buildings. You're sneaking through places and having to climb walls. Of course Mr NightLight has no problem climbing things but his tall ass does have trouble to hide and bend around corners.

The group show you the basics of back allies. They show you short cuts which they tell you to never take. They then show you short cuts which you can take but probably shouldn't. And to finish off they took you into fully restricted zones. But apparently they have a permit so it's fine.

Some people in your class are staying at their agencies overnight. You live an odd distances away. It would take nearly less than an hour to get home but there's also a bed ready for you here along with clothes and such.

After all the walking and climbing. You decide to stay here. It's way easier and you don't want to take the Drunk Train home.

You enter your room and collapse on your bed. You kick your shoes off and remove your jacket before grabbing your phone and texting Ally to inform her that you're going to miss your shift. You then also text your mum and tell her you're having a good time.
You hope they don't worry.

They care so much for you. Roki might even be worried too. The all seemed to be pampering you before you left. Chef Mike even made you a packed lunch. It's still in your bag now, half of it's eaten but you want to save the rest for just in case.
As you scroll through your phone you see a certain contact name

Mr Class Rep

Iida, last time you two messaged well, you two ended up really close. You wonder why Iida has been isolating himself so much. He likes you then he stays away from you Then he wants you again Then he really wants you And now he's back to pushing you away.
You're aware that his friends have some play in it. They add their inputs and thoughts of you and that probably scares him to an extent.

Maybe he does have feelings for Uraraka. Why would he talk to you when he has her.
Slowly your eyes begin to blur, your arms rest and give in to their exhaustion and finally.

___________________________________
╔═══*.·:·.☽✧✦✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
You go to sleep.
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧✦✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Word count:
1,275