Be Better

_________________________

Okay so, it's quarter past eight, you woke up at six, you actually had breakfast today and made triple sure that you've done all your homework. Like you phoned (a very tired) Kaminari and everything, though that was probably useless, he didn't even know there was homework.

You took an early train today, which was good. Your usual train was delayed and this one was emptier so it was more comfortable in general. You have your phone muted and turned off. You didn't even bring headphones, it would only tempt you to listen to music and if you listen to music that means you have to turn your phone on and if your phone is on you'll probably use it in class or maybe you'll get a notification which will lead to it being confiscated which would lead to you getting angry and probably swearing which would lead to detention.

Okay, breathe. You haven't brought your headphones. You don't have to worry about that. You're fine. Everything is chill. You're going to get off the train at the next stop, you'll then try and pass the time. At this rate you should be arriving to class ten minutes early. You think everyone usually arrives five minutes early and you don't want to make it obvious that you're changing your schedule.

You just don't want Iida to get in trouble because of you. You're a bad student but at least a Decent person. Okay, you've got this. Stop worrying so much. If you mess up it'll be fine. Maybe Iida will become accustom to detentions. If not then he'll be mad at you a lot.

The train slows down and the doors open up. You seem to be the only person getting off in this carriage. However, when you walk onto the platform you see a few other classmates. Panic spikes you as you quickly walk the opposite direction to them.

They'll think it's unusual if they see you here. They've never seen you at the train station. They might try to walk with you or--
"[L/n], I didn't know that you took the train to school?" Fuck you've been found.
"Uraraka, right? Yeah um, I do take the train just not usually at this time." You smile too wide when talking, oh god you feel stiff. All your movements feel unnatural. Maybe you could just teleport away. No you're too stressed for that!

"Heh, yeah I can tell. Are you okay?" She must of noticed how nervous you are. Well it's not like that's hard to do. You're a bloody mess. You take a moment to breathe and attempt to relax, there's no point to being so defensive around her.
"Sorry, I'm just really worried that I'll mess something up and get into trouble today." You admit and begin to walk towards the exit. Uraraka does the same.

"Why are you worried? Not to be rude but, isn't getting into trouble sort of your thing?" She asks and only tics you off mildly.
"Yeah, it is! But now that Stupid Class Rep is responsible for me. If I get into trouble then so does he and I'll never hear the end of it. He's already shouted at me enough." You dig your hands deeply into your pockets and flinch when hearing a certain voice.

"Rightly So, I should get annoyed. Usually I respect all of our teacher's decisions but I don't know what Mr Aizawa was thinking when making us share punishments. I'm being treated unfairly by being partnered with you and I hope it doesn't lead to anything bad." That prick of a boy says in his loud voice. Already he's mad at you and you've only been trying your hardest.
"Hey! There's no reason to be rude--"
"I'm not being rude I'm being Honest. If I get expelled because of you and your laziness then neither of us will be able to become heroes and I highly doubt you'll want to be working at that run down Bar for your whole life."
How does he know about your parent's pub? You haven't told anyone about it. You've made sure to keep it a secret. Plus, he's offending it. He's offending you.
You're used to Iida talking down to you but this strikes a nerve.

"Hey! What the hell man?!" You shout and immediately feel defensive in the way you stand. You want to use your fists but you know not too. But holy shit punching Iida is exactly what you want to do right now.
"Iida, how about you two discuss this some when else. We've got to get to class and plus, some people are staring." Uraraka whispers this and gives soft warning eyes to Iida. However, you still feel offended.

You click your tongue before teleporting away. Of course you can't actually go that far but being ten feet away from Iida sounds really nice right about now. You continue to walk to school and you simple teleport over each road crossing which leads to you arriving a lot earlier than expected.

When walking into your classroom you only see a few other students. There's that Deku kid which Bakugiu yells at a lot. You think Deku is his name. But he gets called Midoriya on the register. There's also the other rich kids Yoayurozu and Todoroki. Deku isn't sitting at his desk, instead he's sitting with the two rich people. They seem to be having a pleasant conversation.
You shouldn't ruin it with your bad mood. Just walk into class and take your seat. It's simple.

You open the door and walk in. Instantly Yoayurozu looks at you. It makes you freeze for a second before you walk over and take your seat. You hope she didn't notice you tensing. Oh God, what if she tries to talk to you too? You'll have to carefully shut her down. But that's assuming she's going to talk to you, she probably won't, hopefully won't, oh but what if she does?

Okay, you're gunna ignore that. Instead you take a breath and look around the classroom. You've only ever seen it this empty when in detention. You're still not use to this seat either. Maybe you could bribe Mr Aizawa into letting you move seats and completely ignoring Iida in general.
No that won't work, he's a teacher at one of the top schools and his side job is being a hero. Plus he hates you and you don't have money.
You could bribe him by doing good work? Wait, isn't that what he's already doing in a way?

Who cares, all you've got to do is Not get into trouble. Preferably forever, most likely just for the day. But Iida did yell at you, again. Why do you even try to be nice for him? He's only ever rude to you. You try your hardest and he calls it weak.
He's a prick and deserves all the detentions you get him.

___________________________________
╔═══ *.·:·.☽✧✦✧☾.·:·.* ═══╗
But you still want to be better.
╚═══ *.·:·.☽✧✦✧☾.·:·.* ═══╝

Word count:
1,149