"Just that a neighbor reported that he heard strange noises coming from this floor. Nobody is supposed to be living here, but the neighbor said that he saw a man hiding a LED under his cap." Connor finished walking towards the lieutenant at the end of the small hall, you stood next to Connor. It's arm brushing against yours, making you jump back a bit. Connor seemed confused by this action but didn't pay that much to it.

"Oh Christ, if we have to investigate every time someone hears a strange noise, we're gonna need more cops." Casually the Lieutenant leans on the crusty walls, making a slight face when he hears the soft crinkles from beside him.

Connor knocks on the door, there was no answer, glancing at the Lieutenant who shrugs. You take this time to knock louder on the door, Connor steps out of the way for you. Hovering over your shoulder, which was uncomfortable.

"Anybody home?" You loudly said, soft noises was heard from inside. Not enough to conclude that someone was inside. Connor places a hand on your shoulder, leaning forward.

"Open up! Detroit Police!" Then, the sound of someone moving something heavy is heard.

The Lieutenant perks up, drawing his gun. Pushing off of the wall his body tense, narrowed eyes ready to catch someone.

"Stay behind me."

"Got it." Connor nodded and obeyed, pushing you behind it.

Connor's arm was extended so that whatever was going to happen, you were protected. A slight wave of safety hits you, it was a nice warm feeling. Connor looked straight ahead, its brown eyes narrowed, as if angry. It was was willing to die to protect you, or maybe you were just reading far into this.

The Lieutenant kicks down the door, dust flying everywhere, walking in he stares around, as if trying to make sure no one will come in from behind. Then proceeding to the second door, Connor walks forward slowly. Still using its arm to make sure you were behind it, it was an adorable gesture. Connor seemed so focused to make sure the two of you were alone in that small hall, the Lieutenant looks at Connor before nodding and shoulder checking the last door in the hallway. He backs up a bit as birds fly in his face, Connor backs up its arm protecting you from the flying creatures.

Grabbing his arm, you peeked over at the Lieutenant who looks to be having a panic attack from the birds. Waving his hands around, in a weird way. As if he's trying to shoo them away, but while dancing.

"What the fuck is this?!" He yelled walking into a room full of birds.

Connor walks into it looking around, at all the birds. Taking a step some birds fly up into the ceiling, honestly, you weren't programmed to be with other animals and seeing them fly away franticly was making you stressed out. You were practically gripping Connor's arm by now, Connor didn't seem to mind at all.

"Jesus, this place stinks." Lieutenant Anderson complains, plugging his nose.

Connor walks around the room, unfazed by the flying rats as the Lieutenant puts them. staring at the mazes on the walls collecting the data from scanning them, it was odd. They don't seem to have an ending, only a beginning. Maybe it was symbolical, that the beginning is the ending.

the Lieutenant was in the background complaining about the birds and how they were awful, Connor walked over to a jacket, scanning it for the initials.

"R.T... must be initials." Connor looks back at the Lieutenant who was shaking a bird off his leg, almost falling until it got off. Looking down you make eye contacts with one, its black orbs staring into your own. Not blinking, it was a stare down. You felt like if you looked away it would attack you. Connor must've noticed your stare down, moving its hand to shoo it away.