VIII

Opening your eyes, you see that you had been summoned to the Zen Garden. A strong hand wrapped around yours, looking over at Connor who is staring at you. The Zen Garden looked odd, the trees were turning white, some red and orange.

"I'm guessing that we are still in our charge mode, this is exciting." Following the marble pathway, the birds singing softly.

"Yes..." Connor said softly.

On the water across the way Amanda is sitting in a boat, waiting for both of you. Beside the boat are the two swans, side by side. One of the swans stretches its wings, which glowed a soft light.

"We shouldn't keep her waiting." Connor sighs, not wanting to disappoint Amanda any further. Gently you squeeze his hand, to reassure him.

"Don't worry, I'm here too."

Making your way towards Amanda, you cross over the bridge. Going down the slope, Connor letting your hand go for a moment.

"Hello Connor, [Y/N]." Amanda greeted, holding a orange and white umbrella. Blocking the sun from her back, wearing black and red shirt.

Connor gets in the boat, holding his hand out for you to get on. Taking it, Connor helps you into the boat. Connor sits down grabbing the oars, waiting for you to sit down.

"I thought you might enjoy a little cruise, you two..."

Connor leans over, pushing the boat further into the water. The swans move around the boat, following. The light reflects off of the ripples of the water, the white swans distorted appearance in the water.

Connor rows the boat, facing the both of you. The water dripping from the oars, pushing the boat under the marble bridge. You admire the view, mostly Connor.

"I love this place... Everything is so calm and peaceful... Far from the noise of the world... Tell me, what have you both discovered?" Amanda asks after her rambling about the garden.

"We found a deviant who harmed its owner, it then went to rob a bank. But thankfully the human that they had harmed is still alive..." Amanda nodded, Connor stops rowing letting the boat drift.

"We also found two deviants at the Eden Club... We hoped to learned something but... They managed to escape." Connor mumbled the last part, looking away from Amanda.

"That's too bad... You seemed so close to stopping them." Amanda looks at you, slightly frowning. Adverting your eyes, you know she probably blames the both of you for failing.

"You seem, lost Connor. Lost and perturbed..." Connor pushes the boat again, only to stop.

"I thought I knew what I had to do... Now I realize its not that simple." Connor looks away, his hands clenched in front of him.

"You had your gun trained on those deviants at the Eden Club... Why didn't you shoot?" Amanda questions Connors actions, Connor looks up at you before looking away.

"I don't know... I don't know." Connor sounded confused when he first responded then he looks up, looking more sure.

Amanda watches Connor, looking very disappointed. Looking over at you, seeing you staring at Connor. Ready to give him the support he needs, Amanda has a serious effect on his state of mind.

"If your investigation doesn't make progress soon, I may have to replace both of you..." Amanda looks between the two of you, leaning forward, your hands on your knees.

"We know we can succeed." You say confidentially, Amanda gives you a slight smile.

"All we need is time, a case this big can't be solved within 3 days." You continued, Amanda nods.