"Can we join you?"

Andrea looks up. Sam, Wanda and Dean are there.

"I'm here with my son." Dean looks over at Lucas.

"Oh. Mind if I say hi?" Dean goes over to where Lucas sits. Andrea looks to Wanda confused.

"Tell your friend this whole Jerry Maguire thing is not gonna work on me. Especially when he has a girlfriend."

Wanda starts to blush, shaking her head while letting out a nervous laugh. "No, we - we aren't - you know -" Sam is seen silently laughing in the background. Andrea smirks at her.

"Oh, my mistake. You two just looked so perfect together."

Wanda's blush goes darker. While the conversation continues, we can see Dean approaching Lucas.

"How's it going?" Dean kneels down next to the bench where Lucas is coloring. When Lucas doesn't even look up, Dean picks up one of the toy soldiers.

"Oh, I used to love these things." Dean imitates guns and explosions, then tosses the toy soldier down. "So crayons are more your thing? That's cool. Chicks dig artists."

Lucas has a pile of drawings on the bench. Dean takes a look. The top one is of a big black swirl, the second one is of a red bicycle.

"Hey, these are pretty good. You mind if I sit and draw with you for a while?" Dean picks up a crayon. "I'm not so bad myself."

Dean sits on the bench, picks up a pad of paper, and starts drawing.

"You know, I'm thinking you can hear me, you just don't want to talk. I don't know exactly what happened to your dad, but I know it was something real bad. I think I know how you feel. When I was your age, I saw something."

A pause.

"Anyway. Well, maybe you don't think anyone will listen to you, or, uh...or believe you. I want you to know that I will. You don't even have to say anything. You could draw me a picture about what you saw that day, with your dad, on the lake. Okay, no problem. This is for you."

Dean holds out to Lucas the picture he drew. It's stick figures. "This is my family." He points at each person in turn.

"That's my dad. That's my mom. That's my geek brother. That's Wanda, the girl I like." Dean smirks at him playfully. "But don't tell anyone." He then points to the last stick figure. "And that's me." A pause. "All right, so I'm a sucky artist. I'll see you around, Lucas."

Dean heads back to Sam, Wanda and Andrea. Lucas picks up the picture.

"Lucas hasn't said a word, not even to me. Not since his dad's accident."

"Yeah, we heard. Sorry." Deans says sympathetically, putting an arm around Wanda's shoulder. Andrea nods.

"What are the doctors saying?" Sams asks.

"That it's a kind of post-traumatic stress."

Wanda smiles at her sadly. "That can't be easy. For either of you."

"We moved in with my dad. He helps out a lot. It's just...when I think about what Lucas went through, what he saw..." Andrea pauses, getting a little emotional.

"Kids are strong. You'd be surprised what they can deal with." Andrea smiles at Dean. Lucas leaves the bench, heading for the group.

"You know, he used to have such a life. He was hard to keep up with, to tell you the truth. Now he just sits there. Drawing those pictures, playing with those army men. I just wish—" Lucas walks up, carrying a picture. "Hey sweetie."

Lucas hands Dean the picture.

"Thanks. Thanks, Lucas." It's a picture of the Carlton house. Lucas heads back to the bench.

..._..._..._..._..._..._..._..._..._...

Hi guys, I hope you have enjoyed this chapter. I will be updating next Wednesday so keep a look out.

Please like and comment as you guys keep me going with these stories. Hopefully with it being a new year, I will be able to upload stories for you guys every week while also doing chapters for coming soon stories that I'm doing.