Chapter Sixteen

Summer POV

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" Lydia asks in excitement as we walked through the mall.

She hugged my arm in with a huge grin on her face. I couldn't help, but smile myself as her happiness was so contagious. Yet, my feet were swelling, my arms were weighing down from the shopping bags, my stomach was swelling, and I haven't been able to sleep right since my "disappearing act."

On top of all this, Ryan and I are trying to rekindle the love we built. Well... I am at least. My heart literally gave up on him despite a piece of our love still being there.

At least my fever stopped.

"I'm just hoping all this excitement will cause my labor," I groan.

We walk into another baby store. I wanted a few more clothes and bottles for the twins before the baby shower. I don't want to underestimate how often they may run through everything or the plenty of times we may break something.

"Gosh and here I am ready to get pregnant," Lydia jokes.

I take one look at her face as she stares off in a dream. Who would imagine a girl as young as her is ready for a child? As beautiful as the whole sequence is, it is very expensive and is something you have to be ready for.

Lydia sighs and I walk over to her and place my hand on her shoulder in empathy. Lydia gives me a small smile though I knew something was troubling her.

"It's fine, I'm just remembering my mate." Lydia bites her lip as she peered down at the floor.

I raise an eyebrow. "Mate? Like a soulmate? How could you have found your soulmate when you're only a few years into college."

Lydia only rolls her eyes as she pulled away from my touch and looked through the racks of baby clothes. I sigh in defeat and decide to change the topic to one of more importance.

"How did you meet my sister?" I ask.

"We enrolled in class the same day and we complained about how hectic everything was. Afterwards we went out to grab a bite to eat and been friends ever since," Lydia chuckles.

"Seems nice... what about you and Ryan?"

Lydia pauses as I simply grab a few more baby clothes that I liked. Awaiting for her answer. Obviously something between her and Ryan sparked and I want to know what.

"Ryan and I met in high school, we had the same math class," Lydia informs me nervously.

"Did you two ever enter a relationship?" I calmly ask.

Lydia cleared her throat as she grabbed a random baby toy and played with it. I could only huff. Granted I knew nothing was ever going to happen between them again. It just made me agitated that they would hide it from me.

"What ever happened between you and your sister?" Lydia asks.

I grumble as we make our way to the cash register to pay for the items. What happened with me and my sister happened to me and my whole family. Their slut-shaming.

"Her and my entire family didn't like that I began to date Ryan at a young age."

We grab the bags and huff our way back into the mall. The both of us knowing this was our last stop.

"How young were you?" Lydia asks as we make our way out to the car.

"I was 17 and he was 21," I admit.

Lydia tsks and I roll my eyes playfully as she made her way to the drivers seat. As I opened the passengers door, my heart sunk. There in my seat was a raggedy doll.

"What's wrong?" Lydia asks.

"Move that stupid doll," I growl.

She raises an eyebrow and throws it in the backseat before I climb in. I can't believe Ryan's psycho mother followed me all the way to the mall. What? She's just going to terrorize me until I have my children? Then what?

No. I'm not going to let this continue on anymore. My gender reveal is tomorrow and I won't allow this fiend to ruin my days anymore.

"Stop by the family house," I tell Lydia.

She raises an eyebrow, but changes route. I'm not going to continue letting that woman wreak havoc on my mind. Wreak havoc on my kids.

"You mind telling me why we're going to the 'family' house?" Lydia asks.

I stay silent as I try organize all the words I'm going to throw at this witch. The car comes to a stop and I climb out of the car and march my way inside. Well, waddle.

Everybody stared at me in shock as I climb up the steps, stomping hard enough to break the wood the steps were made of. I know that she's in here. It's not like she has anywhere else to go.

I throw open the door that leads to Princeton's office. Catching the attention of everyone inside, but I was only looking for one person. And she wasn't there.

"Where is Kylani?" I growl.

"Why?" Princeton asks.

"What's wrong Summer?" Ryan asks.

"Did I say ask me fucking questions? Where the fuck is Kylani?" I snap.

Their shocked faces caused them all to say, "the kitchen."

I huff and make my way back downstairs. The sounds of their chairs screeching told me they were tagging along. I didn't care. This woman was going to learn not to mess with me any longer and not to mess with my kids.

Stepping into the kitchen, it fell silent. I sneer at Kylani and she simply smirks.

"You lowlife, simple minded, piece of shit," I insult her, wiping that smirk right off her face.

"Do you think that I'm really so pathetic that I was going to sit here like some little kid and allow you to bully me — to terrorize me?" I ask her as a crowd begins to form around us.

"I don't know what you're talking, but I must say this is hilarious," she laughs.

"Hilarious?!"

I step to her only for an arm to wrap around my stomach; holding me back. I'm so ready to just punch her brains out. She thinks this is hilarious?

"Obviously it is," Kylani sarcastically says, "you're insane. I knew you were a bit off, but now I know you really have some screws loose."

The witch cackled and I felt my body heat up from the core. A surge of anger ran through me and that's when she stopped. Her face turning pale as I hiss at her.

"You're a weak ass bitch and a horrible mother... don't come near me, my kids, or my husband."

With that I turned away, pushing Ryan off me. He followed me upstairs to his old bedroom, so we could talk.

"What was that about?" Ryan asks as he locked the door.

I take a seat on the bed trying to calm myself down. The power that was in me before suddenly pouring out of me. Leaving my energy low.

Ryan takes a seat on the bed, next to me. I lean on him and sigh. This was not how I planned anything to go.

"Your mother has been patronizing me since I got here... first she told me I was with the wrong brother, then she forced me to give out my age, after that she tried to get me to play with voodoo, and told me I was never going to fit in with the family; calling me a bad mother already," I cry.

Ryan pulls me close and lays a kiss on top of my head.

"She won't hurt you anymore, baby girl, you just worry about the party tomorrow and our two babies," he tells me softly.

I sniff and nod as I look up into those golden eyes I fell in love with and place a kiss on his lips.

"I love you, Ryan."

His grip around me tightened as he deepened the kiss.

"I love you more, Summer."