Chapter Two

Detective Donald stepped out of his car and walked directly towards his apartment. He looked closely behind his flowers, in search of his 'keys' but it was missing. He beckoned on his neighbor.

"Lily ma'am! Did I probably drop my keys with you?" He asked curiously.

"No... But a young man, whose face I didn't see, walked into your apartment. I felt he's your brother." She paused.

"But I don't have a brother. Thanks though." He said and inhaled deeply before unbolting his door. He walked in and closed the door behind him.

He could sight someone, seated on the couch. He tilted his head to the direction of the switch but realized that it had been tampered with.

He touched his jean and realized that in a rush, he had forgotten to pick up his revolver earlier.
"Oh shit!" He cursed within his breath.

"Who the fuck are you? And what do you want dammit?" He kept asking repeatedly.

The unknown being pushed himself up from the sofa and pointed the revolver directly towards Detective Donald. Before the clock could tick it's seconds, the shot was fired straight at his forehead, causing the detective to fall flat to the ground.

********************************************

#At Grey's Apartment#

The loud bang on his door forced him out of the bed. He tilted his head to the right side of the wall, glancing through the wall clock.

"10pm?? It's damn late. Who the hell could that be?" He asked himself as he made his way out of his bedroom.

The sight of the angry cops, made fear run through his spines. Before he could make a speech, he was dragged out of his abode and forced into a van.

******************************************************

The speechless Grey followed the cops into the "interrogation room." He sat on the chair with his hands cuffed.

"What the hell have I done? I was here earlier and the detective made it clear that I was free to go." He questioned having found his voice, after being quiet for a long time.

He stared at the cops, who seemed engrossed in their conversations.

"I need a fucking answer!" Screamed Grey.

One of the cops turned towards his direction. He walked towards the table and pulled out a chair to sit.

A picture was placed on display before him.

"Holy shit! He's dead?" The surprised Grey screamed out.

The cop sat upright and folded his arms. Grey stared at him suspiciously.

"Wait a minute! You aren't really thinking I killed him right?" He asked.

"Well you tell us Mr Grey." The cop asked him.

"I didn't kill him." Grey defended.

"We didn't say you did. Actually, the CCTV footage brought you out." The cop landed.

"I don't understand." Grey stated fearfully...

"You were seen right in front of the detective's house before his death. Why?" The cop asked.

Grey began to shiver.
"Well... Erm... I wanted to have a brief discussion with him... But... I... Left... I couldn't wait." He finished.

"To discuss what Mr Grey?" The cop asked.

Grey bowed his head in total dismay and confusion.

The cop pulled out his seat and stood up to face Grey.

"Not to worry Mr Grey! We're gonna have fun together. Lock him up." He ordered and walked out, leaving the confused Grey alone.

*What are your thoughts?*
Indicate your thoughts below.