*A Good Day*

♡Hello! Heres the next Chapter!

♡This is the fanart that was drawn for this scene! Art by:@zenitsuxtanjiro on Instagram!

On a nice sunny day, with the skies a beautiful sky blue. Tanjirou was gazing at the clouds outside the window in class. Today was the dreadful day of a quiz. An exaggerated cough made him shift his eyes to the front of the class. He eyed his bubbly teacher, who he wouldn't deny was adorable, wanting to gain her class's attention. 

Mitsuri was his homeroom teacher. She hummed while swaying left and right with the tests in her arms. Seeing her so happy made him worried about the test. He knew that she liked to sneak tough questions on the test. He glanced to his left and chuckled, watching Inosuke rush through his notes, trying to cram, before the test with a sandwich hanging from his mouth.

Zenitsu somehow managed to look oddly calm, but it was somewhat relaxed, and the tension was very visible on his face, being able to tell he was hiding his true feelings. Zenitsu was crying on the inside. Asking for the heavens to strike him down before the test even starts. His thoughts were bearing fruit, seeing the boy slightly shaking; maybe if he were lucky, he would faint and miss the whole thing. He said a silent prayer hoping it would come true. 

Tanjirou was pretty prepared for the most part; he had enough time to study, help his mother with dinner, and help his little brothers and sister with their homework.

"Alright, students! I hope you all studied for this test. If not, your GPA will plummet~".

The entire class groaned as a depressing cloud flew over everyone's head. While Mitsuri- sensei passed the tests around...

•••°°°°•••

The jiggle of the school bell ranged, announcing it was time to change classes. All the students gathered their books to move to their next class for outdoor activities, which was Inosuke's specialty. He loved challenging his teammates to see who was the best. Tanjirou and Zenitsu were not thrilled; whenever Inosuke challenged someone, he would force them to participate.

"Today, we will be testing your strength and adrenaline!. You will each do five laps around the school. Followed by carrying 15 to 20lbs dumbbells for the last lap". Coach Kyojuro declared.

"W-WHAT COACH, HAVE YOU GONE NUTS?!. THAT MUCH STRAIN WOULD KILL US!", Zenitsu roared, feeling tears forming around his eyes. Why his coach wanted to put them 6ft under was beyond him!

"EEEEEGGGGGHHHHH!!!", Inouske Screeched, throwing pebbles at Zenitsu.

"Ouch!...WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!".

"QUIT BEING SUCH A WEAKLING AND TAKE THIS L LIKE A CHAMP!".

"HAH?! I AM NOT A WEAKLING!".

"COULD HAVE FOOLED ME," Inosuke yelled back.

At this point, Kyojuro was beaming with happiness, seeing his students so enthusiastic. He was ready to make their lives a nightmare. But he was getting rather annoyed with the crowd of students not part of his class slowly approaching the field. He was completely aware of Tanjirou's popularity. The kid was kind, reliable, and courageous. Tanjirou's popularity skyrocketed when he saved a young toddler from falling off a tree. He had no clue how that kid was unsupervised and sitting on a tree branch. But the kid was saved thanks to Tanjirou passing by the nearby park. The crowd of incoming students began to form; seeing none daring to get too close to the field had him relieved.

The students didn't step onto the field because they were all feeling Kyojuro's threatening aura daring the children to take another step. He intimated them with how he could smile so sweetly but be threatening in the same mixture was conflicting. His class began to take their stances, ready to start the race. Zenitsu and Inosuke were going against each other on the first lap. When the coach blew the whistle, they were off like a rocket. Zenitsu clicked his tongue, a scowl on his face, getting distracted as he watched the girls going nuts for (His Tanjirou!). Well, not actually (his). But Zenitsu likes to think that one day he will be his.

As the students made it around the school for their 4th and last lap, Tanjirou and Inosuke were racing neck and neck. Zenitsu, trailing beyond, barely able to keep up, felt like he had blood in his lungs. The ground felt like it was spinning, and his stomach felt slimy. He sat on the ground, his back to a tree. Taking huge gulps of air and a few sips from his water bottle. After catching his breath, he enjoyed the calm feel of the shade on his skin. After Tanjirou and inosuke were close to finishing their race, Tanjirou was first, and Inosuke was second. Once they were done, the two came into Zenitsu's view. His heart was not prepared for what happened next. Tanjirou removed his shirt to wipe the excess sweat from his face. Showing the world a beautiful view of his abs and pecs.

It was as if time stopped for him. Tanjirou looked like a full-course meal that could keep him full for days. His amber hair was blowing in the wind. It didn't help poor Zenitsu's heart seeing Tanjirou smiling while shirtless. He took out his phone with a rapid heartbeat and shaky hands to take a few quick snaps. He glanced left and right, ensuring no one else was in sight. He then took out his phone, admiring how perfect his shot was. His face was now the color of a tomato, a bit of drool hanging off his mouth. At that moment, to another pair of eyes, Zenitsu's looked.. quite perverted." wowww, that's a good shot of Tanjirou's wet body; you got their Zenitsu!" A voice chimed over his shoulder.

"M-MURATA?!" Zenitsu shouted a bit too loud, causing others to stare in their direction. He then lowers his voice. "W-w-where did you come from?"

"Oh, you know.. just taking a break. The student council is extremely stressful". Murata sighed next to the blond boy.

"Heh. you know. You looked like you were watching something dirty from far away".

"I-I- Um."

He had no other words to say; he just hung his head in shame. But Murata could still see him smiling while hugging his phone. That sight alone made the raven head boy chuckle. 

"You know you, his fans... would lose it if they saw you with that picture, right?".

"Then just keep it a secret; it's none of their business anyway," Zenitsu snorted.

"..."

"I'm going back to the gym. Bye, Murata!" 

As Zenitsu ran towards the stadium, he had the most massive smile. The cherry blossoms were blowing in the wind. For the blond boy today had been a great day.