Chapter 9: A Spat And A Kiss

Once me, Dan, Suzy, and Arin are done eating breakfast, Arin says, "Okay. Do you guys wanna get ready now or wait a bit?"

"I mean, if we get ready now and head over there right after, not a lot of people will be there, since it's early," Suzy says, shrugging.

"That sounds nice. I always wanna avoid some people," Dan says, rubbing his still semi-tired eyes.

   "Okay, then!" Arin says with a dorky smile.

   We all leave the room  to change. I slip into the guest room with my luggage, Dan takes the bathroom after getting some clothes from the guest room drawer, and Arin and Suzy take their room.

I shut the door rummage around in my suitcase, trying to decide which bathing suit I wanna wear. I brought three. Why so many? I dunno. Just felt like bringing three, I guess.

I finally end up choosing my (f/c) two piece. Humming, I take off the clothes that I wore yesterday and replace it with the bathing suit. I look at myself in the mirror that's just chilling in the guest room.

Not bad.

I then slip on some shorts and a shirt to cover myself up until we get to the lake, brushing my hair afterwards.

   I grab my toothbrush from my suitcase and walk out of the guest room. Since Dan's still changing, I walk into the kitchen and brush my teeth there.

   As I spit out the toothpaste that's in my mouth, Dan comes in. He whistles, making me turn to him and wipe off the toothpaste that's on my face. He's got a playful smirk on his face. "Hey, (Y/N). You're looking nice."

   I can hardly contain my blush. I think he's complimenting me just to make me feel flustered. What a sneaky bi—

I study Dan, taking in his own appearance. He's wearing a long, white T-shirt and is sporting some shorts. I also notice that his hair's a little less frizzy than normal.

In conclusion, he looks nice as well.

"You look nice too," I say with a shy smile.

   Dan smiles back and leans against the kitchen counter, fairly close to me. "So, are you one of those people that likes to swim when you go to a lake or do you just like to lounge by it?"

   "I'm more of a swimmer than a lounger," I say with yet another shy smile. "What about you?"

   "Same," Dan says, running a hand through his long, luxurious hair. Suddenly, his warm, smiley demeanor changes. He now looks nervous.

   I cock my head to the side like a dog. "Everything all right, there, Dan?"

   Dan chuckles awkwardly. "Uh...yeah...I just have something to ask you, and I'm kinda nervous to ask it." He scratches the back of his neck nervously.

   "Just ask it. I won't judge," I say, smiling warmly. I do this because I want him to know that I won't judge him for whatever he asks, nor will I tease him about it.

   It seems my smile has eased him. Good. His shoulders relax a little, but they're still tense. "Okay..." He clears his throat, stepping closer to me. "Um...I was wondering if you..." 

   He trails off, leaving me in suspense.

   "If I...what?" I prod, desperate to hear what he wants to ask me.

   "If you wanna—" Dan says, but gets cut off by the sound of a door being kicked open and obnoxious shouting.

   God damn it, Arin.