Chapter 16

PoV: 3rd Person

  The blood transfusion was stopped. Amy's heart couldn't handle the process.

"What happened..." the girl asked weakly.

"You're body isn't handling the blood loss well. We need someone else to do it. I'm sorry, but unless your friend has blood type o positive there's no helping him," the doctor replied,  "Monitor her, I'm going to get the other hedgehog."

  The doctor rushed out to get Shadow, quickly explaining what was happening. Shadow was taken to have his blood type tested.

"You're very lucky," the doctor smiled, "you're type O positive. You can save your friend."

"But I'm-"

"We don't have another choice, hedgehogs are nearly extinct," the doctor cut Shadow off, "Please, we need you to save him."

"Alright," Shadow sat down in the bed besides Sonic, and the transfusion began.

---

The heart monitor that showed a weak pulse beeped more commonly. The weak heart beat getting stronger. Sonic groaned as he began waking up. His arm was set in a cast he was put under anesthetic to avoid feeling the pain. He opened his eyes doctors in lab coats being the first thing he saw.

"Try not to move," I nurse rubbed Sonics ear and held his hand.

  Sonic looked to his left, Amy was laying there. She pointed to her arm with a smile. A baggage around it. Sonic looked to his right arm, an iv going into his arm from Shadow's. Sonic's eyes widened.

"He saved your life," the doctor answered before Sonic could question it, "You should be greatful."

"... Shadow..." Sonic looked away as the needle was pulled out of Shadow's arm and his own..

"I couldn't let you die," Shadow spoke.

"Sonic, we're going to monitor you for a few days, you can go home when the toxins have been completely flushed from your body. They left your organs in an awful state. So, no alcohol based medicines, or alcohol, no drugs of any kind and we will prescribe you a diet until you're stable enough to eat freely. Your kindeys and liver nearly shut down. You'll need to be cautious unless you want to be sent into the O.R."

  Sonic was told what he could and couldn't do, eat, or take for his own safety. He fell asleep, but Shafow took note of everything. The ebony hedgehog took Sonic home a week after the poison was removed from his system. Shadows blood had saved Sonic, not only that but now he was healing faster than he used to. Shadow had stopped taking the pills complete, but the side effects were still there. Shadow had an attachment to Sonic. He took Sonic's attention and held him anytime he could. Thought Sonic was still anxious around Shadow, over time, he felt more comfortable around him. They grew attached.

---

"Sonic, are you in pain?" Shadow asked as he held Sonic close.

"I'm fine Shadow, my shoulder is just sore," Sonic replied. He had bolts in his left shoulder now to keep it in place.

"Here," Shadow put Sonic's arm in his sling to give him rest.

"Thanks," Sonic replied.

  Shadow had been living with Sonic in Tails's house. It was a peaceful life. Shadow no longer raped Sonic after no longer being under the influence of the pills. Sonic trusted him, and the Sonic team trusted him after months of Shadow behaving.

  They lives became peaceful days of Shadow and Sonic snuggling and common conversations among the group.

All the chaos, all the drama. It was finally over.

  Sonic laid in bed with Shadow that night. It was silent, but they were both fine with that. This... Sonic thought as he snuggled into Shadows chest.

This is nice.

  Shadow smiled as Sonic fell asleep on his chest, this is perfect.

~~~ The End ~~~

  I think it was a cute short story. I love you guys.

Good bye ~ 😙😙😙

💛💖❤💛💖❤💎❤💖💛❤💖💛