Chapter 4

PoV: 3rd Person

  A week passed with the same tedious schedule. Sonic slept, spoke with Tails and any visitors, ate lunch, and slept some more. Shadow has been ignoring the pills all week. His mind continued to go back on the way he saw Sonic so differently.

  By the eighth day, Shadow gave into his curiosity on discovering why he felt for in such a manner while those pills were in his system. He swallowed one whole and chaos controlled directed to the hospital window where he could watch Sonic, but he wasn't there. Sonic's hospital bed was completely empty..

"No, no no," Shadow pulled the bed apart. He wanted to find Sonic, hoping the hedgehog hasn't passed away.

"Sir, are you alright?" He was caught by a nurse while searching.

"Where is the hedgehog who was here before?" He demanded to know.

"Sonic the Hedgehog was discharged from the hospital this morning. He should be in his own home getting some rest," she replied.

"Thank you," Shadow left the hospital feeling calmer now. He took himself to Sonic's house, but Sonic wasn't there. He searched Amy's house in case she had kidnapped him, then he went to Tails's house. A wave a unknown relief hit Shadow as he found Sonic asleep on Tails's couch. He watched them. He watched Tails feed Sonic since both of his arms were unable to function properly. He watched them talk and watched them sleep. Shadow was stalking them until the pill wore off. Shadow returned to his cave, the bottle of pills was still full. Shadow watched the bottle in his hand, the pills slowly becoming more and more tempting to take again.

PoV: Tails

  Sonic was doing much better. His ribs were healing nicely according to the doctor. In about five more weeks Sonic's ribs and right arm would be healed. One more week after and his lung would be fully healed as well. But it was still fifteen weeks until his shoulder was healed. Shadow had hurt him badly, I couldn't get back to him in time.

"Sonic," I poked him as he glanced at the TV, "Should I put something on for you to watch?"

"Yes please," he answered.

"I'm gonna give you a bath after dinner so try not to fall asleep, okay," I told him.

"No promises," he smiled.

  We ate and I helped Sonic get to the bathtub after I filled it. His cast secured in the plastic glove the doctor gave us for when he washes.

"Man... why does need to be a bath?" He groaned as I splashed him with water.

"Sonic relax, you're not gonna drown," I scrubbed his fur after spraying him with the shower head.

"You don't know that. I can guarantee someone has drowned in one of these things," he said.

"Stop being ridiculous," I washed his quills and he groaned.

  Click! I heard something, I wasn't sure what but I heard something. Sonic hated the bath, he was most annoyed I ever saw him. I dried him off with a towel and got him to lay back down. He fell asleep after that. Click!

"Maybe I should upgrade my security system. Just to protect him better," I shut the blinds, locked the windows and doors, then took out my laptop to start the upgrades, "Nothing will be able to sneak into my house now."

PoV: Shadow

  I had stolen a camera, but there was nothing special about these photos I had taken. Sonic in the bath, and asleep on the couch. Nothing special at all. But the moment the pill kick in, these were the pictures I wanted. It wasn't enough, these pills... I wanted more.

  I wanted so much more.

~~~