CHAPTER 2: Baby Goodnight

Chapter 2: Can't Fight the Moonlight

1/5 KWON JI YONG

            "So what do you wanna do about this?" wow, if looks can kill, id be on the floor 5 minutes ago.

            She's been literally sitting like that, amusingly glaring, arms literally folded in front of her, but head tilted a little that even her eyebrows permeates annoyance. Yes, eyebrows that signals anger. How odd that even I know that.

             We've been in this position since the manager left 10 minutes ago, apologizing profusely with the mix up (because the tickets were originally for the pregnant couple, they put us two together) but unable to do anything other than give us 'upgraded services.'.. Everything on their tab tonight. She also tried calling other hotels but as I found out earlier, its summer that even the seedy hotels are booked. I've already given up, noting that this has been the worst day of my life since being a trainee or when I had to wait hours in the rain for someone who doesn't even live there.

            "Well, we can't do anything about this. I can sleep on the couch" she sighed and started to gather her things.

            "Did you just say you'll sleep on the couch? What do you take me for, a wimp?" I said incredulously.

             I can't understand this woman. More like, her reactions to me are abnormal. I get that maybe she doesn't know the famous me but she's got to be just so deadpan about being in a room with a stranger or worse,  ignoring me flat out even when I know for sure she knows me based on her still listening to my songs...And I don't get that.

            "Well, ok, I'll take the bed, you take the couch? it honestly doesn't matter to me, I just wanna know so I can settle down and clean up..." she looks down to her state and with that we suddenly both remembered how drenched in sweat she was earlier,  outline of the sweat stain beginning to show from it starting to dry up.

            I can't help but notice that she was tiny, not in the frail stick way, but a toned, dancer way. Her skin is now reddish enhanced by her workout but has a bronze hint to it. It almost matches the hue of her burgundy chin length hair, now wavy from being wet and sticking to her head.  

            And her face...something draws you to look at her, and the more you look the more you notice how there's a little sparkle in her eye, how heart shaped her face is from her jaw line to chin, and the little tilt of her pouty mouth. She was beautiful. Not the uber feminine way but the way power is beautiful.

            "'Are you done staring?" she looks up and I just realized she's now crouched down taking out things from her bag... sprawling things everywhere. Then, as if she just does it as naturally as blinking, she took a swig from a tiny flask (That explains the smell...I mused). She got up not minding the spilled things on the floor and starts walking.

            But as if hitting a wall, she abruptly stops and turns around...

            I felt a little smug smile play on my lips with what I thought was a late and sudden realization from her...how embarrassed she must be to pretend this long to not know me...

            "Do you mind if I go first?" she said as she pick up her flask on the floor, not waiting for my reply.

            All I can do is close my open mouth, still disbelieving what's happening. Am I really so conceited now that seeing a person not fazed by me unravels me?! "Ani..its just coz its her" I sighed and started to gather my things as well. I tripped on something on the floor and saw the notebook she was scribbling earlier, and like movie, the words played out in my head...and the new meaning dawning to me: