Chapter Seventeen🕷It's My Choice

Start bij het begin

Panting, I knocked on the door, "Happy, it's me Riptide. You're safe."

"Tell us something only Riptide would know!" MJ yelled back. Smart, that was why we were friends.

"Okay, um... Happy you have this thing going on with Spider-Man's aunt, MJ I saved your cat once, um, you picked Spider-Man up in the Netherlands- I got it! Happy you used to hate Spider-Man but you've grown to love him and now you see him as your responsibility!"

The door swung open. Happy's face was red, either from embarrassment or rage, I didn't have time to find out. MJ, Ned, and Betty were panicked as they should have been, Harry was frowning, and Flash was there too, live streaming. Douchebag.

"Oh good," I sighed in relief, "Happy I have a jet but I don't think it's safe yet. I need to help Spider-Man, so stay here out of sight, close the door again if you have to. Flash, I swear if keep live streaming I will track you down."

"Riptide knows my name," Flash completely disregarded my threat.

Rolling my eyes, I stated "I'll let you know when it's safe to leave. Be. Careful. I don't need you getting hurt because I left."

Trusting the group to handle themselves now that they were out of immediate danger, I also made sure to check the perimeter as I was leaving. All the drones in the area were down for the count because of the guards in the area. If Peter and I dealt with Beck fast enough, then they'd be safe no matter what.

Boom!

That was Peter. Following the source of the explosion led me to a bridge, and on it was Peter. Around him was the remains of a platoon of drones.

"Bug-Boy," I ran to him, "I want this to be a really cute reunion but Beck will probably kill us if we do that."

"You're right," Peter nodded, looking at the overpass above.

"I got this."

Using water from the river on either side of us, I wrapped us in it and propelled us into the air so quickly that we slammed through the glass flooring in front of Beck and each of us delivered a punch before he could react. It felt good to finally punch him.

"You're lies are over Beck," Peter picked him up by the front of his suit and held him in the air.

"Well, this certainly isn't ideal, but I have contingencies. EDITH?"

A sonic blast hit both of us and blew us across the overpass. Groaning in pain, Peter and I quickly recovered.

"Just give us the glasses," Peter sighed, hand over his ribs.

"You want this?" Beck held up the glasses, "Come and get 'em."

At least ten drones flooded the hallway. Peter looked to me, "I have my Peter Tingle, but you-"

"Thanos tricked my mind, and Beck did the same thing. I don't have your senses, but I know an illusion. Especially now that I've seen Beck's."

That was enough for him. The entire hallway went dark, and we were left to our own instincts to survive. Closing my eyes, I listened, and felt. A swoosh of air behind me, and I swung out and used my precision blades to stab one of the drones straight through. Vibranium, who knew? The next one came from the side, and the charge of its blaster was my cue. I shot it with an ice dart. The third and fourth ones were in front and behind simultaneously. Throwing my hands out, their systems were flooded with water.

The last one hit me with a sonic boom, and I hit the metal siding of the overpass. Swinging my hands up I formed a little ice bubble that blocked the first shot. When it went in for the second, it was on the ground, imploding from ice in its gun.