12. They Will Come

Start from the beginning

By then, I noticed Tony, in his Iron Man suit flying towards the roof getting Selvig's attention. Relief swam through me, and I was pretty glad to see him again, despite him being still a jerk. It also told me that the others were on their way. 

Tony shot his repulsor beams at the machine attempting to blow it up, but the force field around it absorbed the blast and shot it right back at him.

As Tony used his stabilizers to balance himself after getting flung by the impact, he noticed Loki, and me. I looked up with an expression, trying to warn Tony to not do anything stupid since it would mean his life and mine as well.

Loki then took my hand and led me once again back into the tower. I gulped silently, getting a sickening feeling that the trickster had something up his sleeve, or should I say armor.

Tony landed on the landing pad which activated the machinery that took off the suit as he walked inside.

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity," Loki smirked.

"Uh actually I'm planning to threaten you," Tony replied walking down the stone steps and headed for a small countertop that was a bar setup.

I kept quiet and sat down on a sofa and watched the two men waiting for the right moment to make a quick getaway.

Loki chuckled, "You should have left your armor on for that."

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage, and you've got the Glow Stick of Destiny," Tony shrugged, "Would you like a drink? How 'bout you Case?" He glanced at me for a second.

I nodded and got up and walked over to the bar.

Loki stared at Tony with a confused look and then a serious one, "Stalling me won't change anything."

"No, no, no threatening," Tony pointed a finger at him and shook it and then got a bottle of scotch and a glass. He pulled out a can of Coke and handed it to me. I was thankful that I told Tony while undercover that I didn't drink. "No drink? Are you sure? I'm having one. So is she," Tony added as I opened the soda can and sipped it.

Loki then looked out the window, peering at the view of the city. I noticed he had an insane look in his eyes as he had with me.

"The Chitauri are coming. Nothing will change that," Loki turned to Tony, "What have I to fear?"

"The Avengers," Tony replied quickly as he poured his drink. The trickster gave him a confused expression and stepped a bit closer. Tony rolled his eyes, "It's what we call ourselves; we're sort of like a team, 'Earth's Mightiest Heroes' type of thing."

"Yes, I've met them," Loki sounded like he was unimpressed.

Tony sarcastically smiled and nodded, "Yeah, it takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one. But let's do a head count here. Your brother the demigod, a super-soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend."

I watched him slip a couple of bracelets on both his wrists, which I guessed were remote sensors for one of his suits.

"A man with breathtaking anger management issues, a couple of master assassins, including a literal mind-moving linguist right here and her friends, a feisty pyrokinetic, a hyperactive telepath, a mathematic kid who can't read parodies, an expert computer hacker with a mean gaming skill, and you big fella, you've managed to piss off every single one of them, " Tony concluded.

Loki grinned, "That was the plan."

I frowned at his remark and gave Tony a look about his mentioning my friends, though he was right about them.