5: Operation: Stuttgart

Peyton's POV

Some hours later, I overheard Phil ask Steve to sign one of his trading cards.

"I mean, if not too much trouble," he continued.

"No, it's fine," Steve replied like it wasn't any problem for him.

For most of the time, he hung around on the bridge observing us and the whole crew in action. Steve had noticed how worried Sean, Vince, Craig, Nicole, and I were for Casey. He had read our files wanting to know a bit more about us and asked how we were handling the situation for young agents like ourselves.

"It's a vintage set," Phil added, "Took me a couple of years to collect them all. Near mint. Slight foxing around the edges but..."

"We got a hit!" Agent Jasper Sitwell called out, "Sixty-seven percent match. Wait...crossmatch...seventy-nine percent."

Something told me we just found Loki and the Tesseract and hopefully Casey.

"Location?" Phil asked.

"Stuttgart, Germany," Vince replied beating Sitwell to it, "28 Königstrasse. He's not exactly hiding."

A map appeared on one of the monitors and there included a surveillance shot of Loki with Casey at his side. I noticed they were dressed up for some event going on. The address showed a museum. It would prove challenging to operate there since there would be a ton of civilians around, but we had no other choice.

"Captain, Agents Dane, Emmons, Gloss, and Harker," Fury called, "You're all up."

Sean, Nicole, and I nodded at each other. It was our chance to get Casey back!

"Well, see ya when you get back with Case," Vince nodded at us.

The three of us left the bridge and went through one of the hallways and arrived in one of the sectors where our uniforms, manly jumpsuits were kept. Mine had a flame print on all the sleeves and neckline. Sean and Nicole's suits were plain black, dark blue, and gray, SHIELD's colors. Nearby was Casey's uniform which was indigo with a gray sparrow printed on the front. The neat part on the back was that it had wings imprinted.

Once we got on our suits, Sean, Nicole, and I met up with Steve, Natasha, and Craig at the hanger where we boarded one of the Quinjets and took off straight for Stuttgart.

"So Nic, think you can read Loki's thoughts when we get there?" Craig asked turning to her.

"I'll try," Nicole replied with a nod.

"It might be tough. He's immortal and more powerful than Nic," Sean pointed out.

"It's the only way we can find out what his purpose here is Sean, and why he took Casey," Craig remarked.

"That explains why Fury wanted her with us," I mumbled as I crossed my arms.

Steve glanced at us with concern on hearing our conversation.

"If Loki proves difficult for you to read his mind, pull back," he said to Nicole with assurance.

She nodded gratefully at the Captain who had already caught on to what we were capable of.