6: What Follows

"He saying anything?" Fury asked Natasha over her ear-com.

I could easily hear a bit of the conversation.

"Not yet," she answered.

"Just get him here. We're low on time."

We had finally left Stuttgart, heading for the Helicarrier. Steve and Tony stood guard over Loki who said nothing but kept looking at me. Craig signaled Nicole to try to read the trickster's mind. She nodded and started focusing, making herself look like she was facing in another direction so Loki wouldn't suspect a thing.

"I don't like it," Steve said to all of us.

"What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony replied with his usual snarky tone.

"I don't remember it being that easy. This guy packs a wallop."

"No kidding," Peyton nodded.

Tony tapped Steve's arm, "Still you're pretty spry for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?"

"What?" Steve looked confused.

"It's like calisthenics."

"Workout," I added trying to help make things a lot clearer for him.

"You might've missed a couple of things, you know, doing time as a Capsicle," Tony continued.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in," Steve stated not having gotten nervous by him.

"Yeah, there's a lotta thing Fury doesn't tell you."

I had to agree with Tony on that one. Fury didn't tell me much, even though he trusted me, like how he trusted my parents. I'm pretty sure he kept stuff from them too.

Suddenly, Nicole started seizing up and she collapsed on the bench. Loki was giving her a death glare. I had a bad feeling about it.

"Nicole!" I gaped and went over to her and held her hand, "Nic, can ya hear me?"

"It must've been too much for her," Sean replied with dread.

"Did she get anything?" Craig asked as he stepped up to us.

"We don't know. She hasn't said anything," Peyton frowned at him.

I had a feeling Fury assigned Nicole to try and read Loki's thoughts to find out what the trickster had in store for our world. However, it seemed she was no match for his abilities as Loki had caught on to what she trying to do.

All of a sudden, I felt a jolt in my head, like I was getting a migraine. Then, I began seeing what looked like past events. I realized that I was glimpsing in another world, not anywhere on Earth. Something told me that I was seeing Asgard, which looked a lot different than what I read in the research on Norse mythology. I saw a woman who was around my age and looked a lot like me, only with blonde hair. She wore a light blue gown. Right next to her was Loki, who was expressing a loving passion towards her. Then, it all shifted to what looked like their wedding day, and next, she appeared to be pregnant.

Peyton's P.O.V.

As Casey checked on Nicole who looked like she was about to have a seizure, I blocked Craig's way when he tried to approach the girls. It was his fault for asking too much from Nicole. Loki must've suspected her of attempting to read his mind and blocked it.

Next thing, Casey suddenly stopped moving. I noticed she looked like she was in some kind of trance or whatever, and Loki was focused on her. My gut was telling me that he was doing something to my best friend.