Into the Inferno

"It would be strange of my to hurt my own son."

That statement catches him off guard. His son? Could it be... Only one way to find out. He stops struggling.

"Good my barn. Please hold tight, this'll only take a moment."

Then, in a flash, Peter is no longer in the school bathroom. Instead, he appears to be in a large elegant room. The walls are a shade of green and the floor looks like marble, but slightly off. There are large marble pillars near the walls, directing you to the ends of the room. Up a set of three stairs at one end are 2 chairs, one slightly smaller to the other, throne like in nature but still off. Everything in this room appears to be one thing, but slightly different, like a cultural barrier. Though the off-ness of everything doesn't throw off the elegance the room eludes. Peter suddenly doesn't feel dressed enough.

"My litla kónguló... its been so long..."

Peter does a 180 at the voice, standing directly behind him is a man with stark black raven hair and almost iridescent green eyes. Its-

"Are you...?" Peter asks meekly, almost a whisper.

The other man smiles warmly, a smile full of love.

"Yes, yes my litla kónguló."

He sprints up to Peter and puts him in a tight hug. He doesn't know how to react at first, but eventually he gets his head in gear and wraps his arms around his father. His father. It's almost too much to be true. It can't be true. And yet, here he is. He has some many questions. It's a whirlwind of whys and hows in his head, but one manages to form behind his speechless babbling.

"Why did you go?" Peter manages to choke out, he sounds like he's on the verge of tears. Well actually, he is on the verge of tears."Why did you leave me?"

"I'm so sorry my litla kónguló. There's so much to explain and so little time. What I can and will tell you is that it was too dangerous for us to be together, even right now as I speak to you, you are at risk. Just know that what I'm doing, what I've done, I've done out of love. Peter, you must promise me to speak of this to no one, do you understand?"

"Y-yes. O-of course."

"Good," He presses a kiss to Peter's head,"I will see you later tonight, when you go to bed I'll bring you back here. Then I'll explain everything, I promise."

"Ok... yea, yea ok..." Peter grips his newly found father tighter, too scared to let go.

"S-see you later then?"

"Of course Peter." and with that, he's back in the bathroom at school, holding onto air. He might have thought it were only a dream, had he not noticed to paper slipped into his hand. "See you tonight my litla kónguló." I wonder what that means, "litla kónguló". He will have to google it when he gets home later.

-----------------------------------later at "home"--------------------------------

Peter rushes in through the door, forgetting to say hi to May. He'll feel bad for that later, but that doesn't matter right now. What matters right now is his father. God.. he still isn't used to that. To the idea that he has a dad... well he's always had a dad, just a dad that's alive.

Peter runs into his bedroom and closes the door maybe a little too loudly, he'll feel bad for that later too. He guns it to his desk and dives into his chair, flipping it over. "Ok peter," he says painfully," maybe don't get too excited...ow.." He bounces back up, thank god for spider powers, and picks his chair back up. As he sits back down, more gently this time, Aunt May opens the door.

"Hey there peter, are you ok? I heard a crash."

"Oh OH! Yea, nonono, I'm fine! Really just a little over excited is all!"

"Good day at school then I guess." May says with a heart melting smile.

"You could say that."

"Ok then dear, I'll stop bothering you. Just wanted to come say hello. Dinner will be done in a few minutes."

"Ok May, love you!"

"Love you too dear." and with that, she backs out the door. Peter gets up out of the chair with a sigh because, like all parental figures, she's left the door open.

After closing the door, he sits back down and opens his computer. Time for homework!!

------------------------------one homework session later-----------------------------

Peter was putting the final touches on his geometry homework when May calls him down to dinner. He hurriedly puts his homework away and scurries down the hall to the kitchen, it smells like May made soup tonight. Yum! Peter makes his way into the kitchen and starts to set the table before May swats him away and tells him to sit.

"But May, I can help!"

"Nonsense! You've had a long day at school and I will not tolerate you having to do anything more."

"C'mon May, you've probably had an even longer day at the hospital. Can't I just help?"

"Nope, now you sit there and enjoy your soup like a good growing boy." She sets a bowl of Mulligatawny soup and a spoon in front of peter. His mouth waters.

"Make sure you blow on it before you eat, wouldn't want you burning your mouth now, would we?"

"Of course May." Peter blows on his soup a bit before taking a bite. It's a bit spicier than he remembers.

May takes a seat across from him at the table. "So what was 'so exciting' that you flipped your chair over today?" May asks with a smile. Oh boy.

"Oh boy, um, where to start, ya know? Um so in english we uh... oh boy... is it getting in here or is it just me?" Peter stutters out. His mouth suddenly feels like it's on fires. Oh boy.

"Now that you mention it, the soup is a bit on the spicy side... the REALLY spicy side.... Um one second peter." May get up and, with her large wooden cooking spoon, stirs around in the soup, looking for something.

"Oh no..."

"May? What's wrong??" Peter asks, growing increasingly worried. His mouth is starting to hurt now.

"I forgot to take out the chilly pepper..." May says at almost a whisper. Oh boy.

"Um, don't worry though! I'll just... get us some milk!" May walks slightly faster than normal over to the fridge. She must have started to really feel the heat too. As she opens the fridge, she pales. T h e r e s  n o  m i l k . 

"Oh um, its ok! There's more than one way to get rid of pepper heat!!" She sprints over to the bread box and pulls out some crackers and a loaf of bread.

"Well, so much for having a real dinner." She states as she comes back to the table. Meanwhile, Peters mouth is ablaze. It feels as though someone took a lighter and a match, said fuck it, and threw them into a gas station. He could feel his eyes start to water with the pain of the raging inferno that has formed in his mouth. So much for going out as spiderman tonight, this is enough pain for one day.

May throws peter some bread and a tube of crackers as she sits down and they go to town. Slowly but surely the pain starts to recede leaving both of them with stomachs full of wheat and an inedible pot of soup on the stove. What a night.