Chapter 12 - I Shouldn't Be Here

*Harry's Point Of View*

"What? No you dont," I tried to rid myself of that thought, but it didn't really work.

"I shouldn't be here," she held her head in her hands.

"You're right. You should be at home. In your own bed. In your own pajamas," I smiled weakly at her.

"No, I mean I should be in Heaven or Hell or wherever you go when you die," she sobbed.

I tried to hold her, but she pushed me away.

"Just get out, Harry," she muttered,, pointing at the door.

"What? Why?"

"I sincerely and utterly hate you. Get out," Beth was trying not to yell or cry, I couldn't tell. She said just as the nurse brought our mums into the room.

I slowly backed away until I was at the door, where I turned and ran all the way to the waiting room.

"Hey," Niall stood up and made his way towards me.

"We heard she's awake!" Zayn said happily.

Liam was the first to pick up in what happened. "What's wrong, Harry?"

Lou came over and put his arm around me.

"She hates me," I croaked.

"No she doesn't," Louis told me.

"Yes she does," I said.

"No she doesn't," he argued.

"You saved her life, Harry! Why would she hate you?" Liam countered.

"She hates me BECAUSE I saved her life. She wants to be dead! She doesn't want to be here. And by that I mean she doesn't want to be alive! She hates me because I kept her here!" I was on the floor now, sobbing, being held by the four boys.

"She doesn't mean that," Niall whispered to me.

"It sure as hell seems like it,"

"Come on, let's get you home." Liam picked me up off of the floor and the four of them brought me home.

"I'll take him upstairs, you get him something to eat," Zayn told the others when we pulled into my driveway.

So, he brought me upstairs.

"Get changed and get in bed, I'll go get your food." he instructed me.

I did as I was told and he returned five minutes later with a sandwich.

I wasn't hungry, even though it was five in the evening and I hadn't eaten since breakfast.

"I don't want it," I was turned away from Zayn, so he came on the other side of my bed so I could see him. I rolled over and faced the other way.

I didn't want to see anyone right now.

"Eat it," he growled.

I shook my head, so he left it on my night table and left the room.

*Zayn's point of view*

Why wouldn't Harry eat? He hasn't eaten all day. I hope he isn't going to try and hurt himself like Beth did.

I stomped downstairs to find Liam, Louis, Niall, and Gemma in the kitchen.

Liam was on the phone, and I waited for him to finish to tell him what had happened.

"Okay, I understand. I'll tell him. Thanks, bye," he hung up and looked at me.

"Who was that?" Niall asked.

"That was Anne. She said Beth is doing really well physically, but she's really unstable mentally, so tomorrow if she feels okay physically, she's going to the psychiatric ward." Liam informed me.

"But... The phsyciatric ward is where the crazy people go," Louis piped up.

"Not necessarily crazy, but yes." Liam said.

"What's going to happen?" Gemma asked.

"Well they don't know for sure, but she'll probably be in the ward for a while, maybe a couple weeks to a month, then they think she's going to go to a rehabilitation center." Liam said.

"I'm going to see her. Does anyone want join me?" Gemma pushed her chair away from the table and snatched her car keys off the counter.

"Nah, we'll stay here with Harry, but you go ahead. But don't tell him where you're going." I said.

She nodded and left.

"Shit, we have that meeting with management in an hour!" Louis exclaimed.

"Cancel it," I shrugged.

"No, we can't do that," Niall said.

"Yes, we can. Harry's best friend is in the hospital because she just tried to kill herself, and Harry is in no shape to do business." I put me foot down. We weren't leaving Harry.

"Fine," Liam dialed the representative from our management's number and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" He answered after two rings.

"Hi, it's Liam, Louis, Niall, and Zayn," Liam said.

"Hello boys," He laughed. "Where's Harry?"

"He's, um, sleeping," Louis cleared his throat.

"How's Beth?" He turned serious.

"She woke up today," I said.

"She's being moved to the phsyciatric ward tomorrow." Niall said.

"That's good," He replied.

"We aren't going to be able to make it to the meeting today," Liam informed him.

"I understand."

"Thank you," Liam exhaled, relieved because we thought he would be angry.

"But there is something I need to tell you,"

I knew we weren't out of the woods completely.

"What is it?" Louis asked.

"You boys are going on a month long signing tour!" A female voice said, trying to put a positive spin on it as we realized this was a conference call.

"No," I said.

"what?" The woman asked.

"Harry obviously isn't going to be able to go, and we aren't going without him," Niall piped up.

"Harry has been.... Excused. But you four, however haven't. Harry will be fine. He has his friends there and his family-" The man was cut off by Louis.

"We're his family, too."