CHAPTER 1: one way trip to tokyo

Start from the beginning

The white-haired assassin slipped the gloves on, the smooth leather gently encasing his hand. He buttoned their cuff. The silver button with Varia's Cloud insignia engraved shone under the artificial lights of the aircraft.

"Shall we go, Ran-chan?" he asked, a genuine smile painting his lips as he stood up. His head tilted to look at the shorter and younger boy by his side. His answer was chirpy as per usual and followed by a broad, bright grin that made Koro's purple eyes twinkle with affection. His gaze lingered on his brother's figure for another second before he turned away and led the way out of the aircraft.

They went down the stairs with ease, a very dark purple carpet cushioning each of their steps and leading the way inside the Haneda Airport, otherwise known as the Tokyo International Airport.

At the bottom of the private jet, waiting for them, was a member of the Japanese Varia Cloud division. Different from the one who took his dirty gloves and bag away, this member held in their hands a manila folder with documents related to his current mission. They were dressed in the Varia's uniform with royal purple lining the fabric and the Varia Cloud insignia adorning their cuffs to show which division they belonged to.

Koro wore the perfect plastic smile as he approached the woman. With a look of acknowledgment sent her way, he dismissed her greetings and continued down the carpeted path and into the Premier Gate. His strides large and confident, he nevertheless made sure that the younger boy by his side kept up with ease.

The woman, Japanese it seemed, followed behind Koro without missing a beat. The heels of her stilettos clicked against the airport's hard flooring as she made her way up to the white head, leaving the purple carpet for merely them to use. Her fingers threaded through her manila folder, her eyes swept its files as if to check its content one last time.

All of this lasted a mere seconds. The woman caught up to Koro, spine straight and expression confident. She began to give the Guardian snips of the comprehensive briefing. The information might seem sparse, but every word was carefully chosen. All sentences were straight to the point, giving Koro a perfect overview of the situation.

They reached the outside of the airport, coming out by one of the backdoors reserved to VIPs, and the sight of a sleek black car with tinted windows greeted them. The woman bowed, leaving the chauffeur to open the door for her superior and his guest. Koro allowed his brother to slip in first before he entered the vehicle. He nodded to the chauffeur, and the latter closed the door.

The woman straightened her spine before entering the passenger seat in the front. She checked on Koro's state, ensuring that both her Boss and his guest were comfortable before she resumed. She pulled out some files from her folder, politely handed them to the older white head before adding a brief recap and leaving the male to read through the document.

In the meantime, the chauffeur turned the vehicle on. He did not ask for a destination, already knowing of the itinerary. The sleek car glided through the road, only cars surrounding them until they reached the busy streets of Tokyo.

"We have arranged a condo as per your request, Yucca-sama. Your luggage has already been dropped off. Most necessities were sorted out and stored, following your instructions," the woman explained as the car came to a halt in front of a luxurious apartment complex. She went out of the vehicle, opened the door for the two whiteheads, and followed behind them. She led the way inside the grand building, floor-to-ceiling windows surrounding them and letting the natural lighting lit the ground floor.

The complex was sober and classical in color, opting for the traditional white and black. It gave off a vibe of modernity yet a sense of routine and banality as well. They took the lift, went up to the tenth floor, the top floor of the complex. With a swift swipe of a magnetic card, she unlocked the door.