Baby girl..I can't..I need to do somet…..”.

“I want you to come..Mamma...please come..then I can pretend that I have a Mamma and a Daddy.” Shalina cries out excitedly.

What the Hell?

My tummy suddenly flutters at her words.

I look over to Hakim and fuck..there is a small on his lips as he looks at Shalina and then back at me.

What?

“Shalina..baby ...you do know that  Uncle Hakim is not your father”. I crouch down to her level and I’m surprised at how firm my voice is when inside my whole body is shaking.

“Yes Mamma..but I wish he was..I like him Mamma...a lot”. She smiles at me with such joy that I can't breathe at her look of pure content.

Damn it.!!

“Ah...Shalina..I like you too..a lot ..a lot..” Hakim’s voice is joyful and I don't need to turn around to see that he is smiling. 

Ughhhh!!!

“Well it’s okay to like someone baby girl..so liking your Uncle Hakim is a very good thing but remember he's your  uncle ..ok... Now shoo ...off you go.” I straightened up and make my way to leave.

“Mamma..I will wait for you to get ready..you are coming with us.” Shalina shouts out excitedly.

I turn around and my breath catches at the sight. Hakim is standing next to Shalina and she has her tiny hand in his large one. They look so good together. As if they belong together. A perfect Father and daughter picture moment.. And Damn those familiar set of eyes are waiting for my reply.

“Please Natasha..she’s so excited and happy..join us.'' Hakim's voice plead with me and my tummy clenches at the look he’s giving me.

Sighing I give him a small nod which results in our daughter squealing with joy. 

I head upstairs to change out of my clothes,leaving the father and daughter duo to their excited small talk. 

What the hell Natasha Jackson.? What are you doing? Why did you give in?When will you learn?

I don't have any answers to give my inner voice...Maybe it’s to do with the fact that my child wants this so bad and she can pretend for a day. 

We both can.

*******************

“Mamma look at me..look at me”. Shalina shouts out with joy as Hakim pushes her on the swing.

My tummy erupts with bloody butterflies. They have been having a non stop field day.

Damn..Hakim looks so good with Shalina.  The two of them are so beautiful. I feel proud and content on watching them..Damn  it...I’m getting carried away with my thoughts.

“Wow baby ...that’s so high..you brave little girl”. My daughters joyous shrieks are so contagious and neither Hakim nor I can stop smiling at her actions.

“Oh My ....how adorable”.  I look to see a pretty petite woman sit next to me as she looks at Shalina and Hakim then back to me.

“Thank you.”  I send her a small proud smile.

"She looks so like her father." The pretty little thing smiles at me.

"Oh..he's not her father". I quickly reply..throwing Hakim a glance, he smirks back at me.

Fuck..he heard.

“Really!! But the resemblance is strong..well even if he isn't ..you’re so damn lucky to have your man sharing a day out with you.” She smiles sadly as she keeps a lookout for her kids.