Chapter 9: Death's Orgins

"You mean you were friends with that psychopath" Eria shouted at me.

"Yes, but we wasn't always like that" I told her.

Flashback

It was a cloudy day in San Diego I was sitting with some old friends and Death but at the time his name was C.J. We were relaxing under a tree listening to the winds. That was the only time we had peace from this war. The nice breeze swooshing through the air, and the cloudy sky protecting us from the sun. This is one of my favorite memories and my worst. C.J got up meaning he sensed Demiruns coming,

"Mikael we have trouble near Escondido" C.J said grabbing his weapon.

"I'm up for it, what about you guys?" I asked the boy and the two girls under the tree.

"You know I am!!!!" said one of the girls she was wearing a light green tank-top, blue jeans and a red cap.

"You are always like that Sophia" said the boy he was wearing shades, a white T-shirt saying Royal Blood, with a black jacket and ripped Jeans

"Shut up, Seth or I'll talk to your girlfriend about that one summer" The girl known as Sophia told the boy

"Come on guys stop th" the girl tried to say but I stopped her she was wearing an orange and blue t-shirt with a Hawaiian theme and a skirt.

"Alizah just let them talk it out" I told the girl looking at the two friends arguing they kept at it for two minutes and we finally left.

When we arrived we couldn't see anything wrong with the place it seemed like there was no Demirun at all. It was so silent and not a trace of a Demirun anywhere.

"Are you sure that the Demirun was here" I asked C.J.

"Definitely, it should be around here somewhere" C.J told me so we split up to find the Demirun, after what seemed to be an hour Seth sent out a signal saying he found the Demirun.

I ran up to Seth "So where was it hiding I said breathless.

"It was hiding in its nest" He told me.

"Everyone Seth has found the Demirun" I said over a communication device.

"Everyone be careful in there this Demirun has the power to turn you into a demirun" I warned the group. We slowly opened the door to a worm, bat, and mole hybrid.

"Get ready" I said as we readied our weapons.

While we took down the last Demirun but it scratched C.J, we slayed the beast C.J screamed in pain. We rushed C.J to the hospital room. "Your friend is in critical condition, good thing you got him here" the doctor told us. We waited for three days straight, till C.J came bursting out the emergency room like a new man. "Miss me" he said in a grin, while we ran up to hug him. We thought everything was fine when C.J was out but he has changed.

During midnight there was a scream in Sophia's room, we all rushed to see what the problem was and what we saw was Sophia's corpse covered with deep gashes and her head cut off her blood poured out her wounds, bring disgust to our faces.

"What could have do-"Seth tried to say but got stabbed in his arm. We turned around to see who was behind this and it was C.J with a devilish smile and ruby red eyes. Alizah screamed in horror as she watched what was happening. C.J slowly took out his blade and shoved Alizah to the floor as he mercilessly stabbed her to death. Seth and I couldn't do anything to help, for I was tending to Seth wounds and Seth was too weak. C.J turned around and started walking toward us. "IT'S YOU TURN, GUYS!!!!!!!!!!" he said like a maniac. He pushed me into a glass box where he immobilized me. All I could do was watch as he cut Seth's limbs off and he shouted in pain, what he did next was horrifying he put his hand on his heart and ripped it out with his own hands and ate it in front of me. He was going to kill me next but when he opened the box I vanished away from him and did a spell to contain him in another realm. I lost my best friends that way and a small chance of hope. I was lost for so long thinking of how to get to him but saw more death coming to innocent people making me start The Elemental Disasters. I was always searching for a way to cure him so he will be free but now he escaped and has full control over the Demiruns and now I have to stop him from reaching earth again.

End of Flashback