Chapter 7 - Sacrifice

Start from the beginning

Ajifah's heart burns with grieve for her people as the news keeps getting worse. "If there is shortage of food, there is enough money in the treasury to buy more for the kingdom, that's why the people are taxed so we can afford necessary things, majority of these people are poor and putting an increase on tax and food would be sending them to their early graves."

"Not everyone thinks like you princess, he certainly doesn't and that's why he needs to go." Nonso tells Ajifah with a commending tone of voice.

"He's also planning to marry the Noble daughter Asa and in return they are to pledge to protect the throne from you princess. King Zulu has already dispatched his armies and about a thousand of them are already in the kingdom." Klean says, looking up at her and his eyes get locked in hers and he sees the much chaos in them and it stir up a fear in him because their reports were doing a lot of harm to her.

Ajifah looks away from him when he wouldn't stop staring, "He's been king for six days and he is already selling the kingdom out. When will all this deals be sealed?" She demands, getting outraged and impatient.

"They are going to seal the treaty with a Royal dinner set to take place in three nights time." Iyan one of the spies replies.

"We have to do something, we have to take the throne before that" Ajifah says before turning to Jami, "You spied on the kingdom defence Jami, how strong are the defenses?"

Jami dips his hand into his bag and brings out a map of the kingdom strongholds a vulnerable points marked out, "I have it all here."

For the next four hours the men and women in the tent try to device a plan for a proper dethroning that wouldn't give up too much information about the attack and in which Tyosar can be forced out of the throne without having to shed innocent blood, and they all seem to forget about Jami's discoveries that's the weakest point in the kingdom as well as palace.

"We don't care who's on the throne, we only care about fulfilling the oat we took which was seeing the true heir onto the throne."

As much as what he is promising feels good, there is a lot at stake, "I do not want to shed innocent blood, that is not what my father would have wanted."

"Your father the late king knew when he needs war and when he needed peace, your uncle however is not a sign of peace, a few will get hurt in the process, but many will bleed as long as he remains king of the Attah's kingdom." Nnamdi says hardly.

"The king beyond the sea had dominated and oppressed this kingdom for decades and my father fought to see his people set free and I cannot sit and watch everything he fought against come to pass; one of which is the shedding of innocent blood."

"Sacrifices has to be made to ensure victory." Nnamdi backs up his argument further.

"The blood of the people I'm fighting for will not be one of the sacrifice. If the alliance holds, king Zulu will become even more powerful, his armies is five times larger than than the armies of the whole kingdom, the King's warrior included, we will be left powerless and defenceless.

From what Klean already said earlier, King Zulu army are about one thousand and King Tyosar five thousand making a total number of six thousand men. So if we go head first into battle with them, king Tyosar and the army beyond the sea will outnumbers ours six to one. We need to device a strategy where we don't lose our heads, and storming in without first having a plan is one of them. We can do this without losing all round, I'm trying to protect my people as well and you all are one of them."

Nnamdi nods his head, "Princess you are wise, your wisdom increases with your age.

"I understand we need him gone, but we have to think about the proper way to go. We are going to overpower his defenses and we are going to attack when less expected. Were any of you discovered in your mission?" She asks looking at the five spies who shakes their head in response.