chapter 4 - spit flying

"A place where you can be yourself no matter if you're freaking, find friends that share your hobbies! Even if they're freaky."

The song rang through Steph's ears as she tapped her foot gently to the beat.

*bing*

The song was interrupted by a text from her friend Dru.

@zabicat700: whats happening now?

@sadlester: im actually outside rn

@zabicat700: wow *clap clap*

@sadlester: Thank you! Thank you!

@zabicat700: lol anyways, whyd you go outside

@sadlester: shopping

@zabicat700: AGAIN?

@sadlester: yes but this time i have a plan. my dads the one taking me so ill have plenty of opportunities to move our prank forward.

@zabicat700: wow good job. youre putting a lot into this. you actually went outside, im impressed.

@sadlester: thanks i am too

They continued driving and the song resumed.

"Hey, Steph?"

"Yeah, dadlester?"

"Stop calling me that."

"I'm sorry, dadlester."

"Seriously, Steph."

"But I've always called you dadlester!"

"Whatever."

Dadlester decided to drop the conversation.

Steph pretended to see something interesting out the window so she wouldn't be caught silently laughing.

"Life is so much better, life is so much better, life is so much better when you spend it all ONLINE!!!"

As the song ended and the next one came on, Steph smiled as realisation dawned on her.

IT. WAS. DANS. DISS. TRACK.

Forgetting her dad was sitting right next to her, she started rapping as loud as she could and dancing as fast as humanly possible. Arms flailing and spit flying.

"FIRSTTHINGSFIRSTYOUREFREAKISHLYTALLITSWEIRDYOULOOKLIKEANOODLE"

Her dad was used to this so he just ignored her and kept driving.

She continued dancing wildly to the amazing diss and trying to rap along as best she could.

"SO LEAVE A COMMENT WITH YOUR REACTION, YOU CAN CALL ME A LIAR. CUZ U JUST WITNESSED THE ROAST, OF DANISNOTONFIRE."

"REST IN PIECE!" she shouted.

Since she had headphones in, her dad couldn't hear what she was listening to and his daughter, speaking at light speak and then randomly yelling "REST IN PIECE!" was very unsettling.

"What?!"

"Oh, uh, nothing,"

sadlester: i just arrived at the mall