Um Hello - Simmons x F! Reader (Part ||)

That was embarrassing, you tore off your helmet out of frustration and tossed it aside, then slammed your fists onto the bathroom counter then stared into the broken mirror in your bunk rooms restroom.

Your face was red and hair was all over the place, eyes pink and puffy, tears threatened to fall but not out of sadness but anger or rather frustration. "Dammit! How can I be so foolish?!"
Letting out your anger with a punch to the mirror cracking it more than before, you usually were the kind of person to be rather calm but this.. this was a completely different story.

You poured your heart to him!

"I can't.. I just can't believe it.." you said in a whisper as tears rolled down your red cheeks, you knew that you'd be putting your heart on the line and you thought you could be mature but you didn't think it could hurt this much.

After a few more minutes of dead silence, you decided to run the water and wash up before heading out for a stroll to clear your head.

--

With Simmons days have passed since that embarrassing event with the whole Private confessing thing with what's his name again? Private (L/N)?

"Yo Simmons!" Tucker said aloud snapping Simmons out of his daze, he cleared his throat "Yes? What is it?" he said quickly, trying to play it off cool but failing miserably "Is something wrong because you seem a bit off.. I mean it's none of my business but believe it or not Caboose and I are a bit worried." "N-No I am fine!" Simmons said as he felt his face heat up.

'What is wrong with me?'

"Oh! Oh I know now, lady problems?" Tucker asked smoothly causing Simmons to only blush more "Wait what? No! O-of course not!" He said as his voice cracked and Tucker grinned "Oh hell yeah! I am right!" "C-Can you just listen to me? I don't have any l-lady problems!"

Speak of the devil.. Simmons in the corner of his eyes saw you, Tucker turned around after seeing his attention was elsewhere "Wait- Private (L/N)?" said a bit surprised.

Simmons swallowed hard and nodded "Oh the He-she girl?" "He-she?" he felt himself get a little bit defensive over (L/N). "Yeah I mean she is more manly than most of the guys here and she always wears her armor.. So yeah he-she.." Tucker said flatly.

"S-She?" "Yeah what about it?"

Yipes- Oh no! He screwed up! He screwed up badly!

"I got to go!" Simmons said before dashing off towards the (F/C) coloured private.. leaving Tucker alone to only wonder what might have happened between them..

--

After finally catching up to Private (L/N), Simmons took a moment to catch his breath. "Captain Simmons?" you said a bit surprised that he suddenly crashed into you then collapsed.. How far did he run exactly? Well across the camp trying to catch up to you as you were out on a jog.

A few more moments passed before he raised his head up to look at you, he blushed. There you were without your helmet and your (H/L) (H/C) hair was caught in the soft breeze and his eyes locked with your (E/C) orbs full of concern "You alright?" "Beautiful-"

Your eyes widen and you smiled shyly, bringing your hand up to your mouth and letting out a giggle "I-I mean! I uh.. Today is a beautiful day isn't it?" You stopped and looked up at the clear blue sky.

"I agree. Today is gorgeous, so what exactly are you doing on the ground?" you asked, Simmons hesitated "W-Well I wanted to apologize.. About before.. I didn't realize--" "Shh.. It's okay Simmons, I'm over it. Did you run all the way here just to say you were sorry?"

Simmons nodded, before he realized.. He wasn't having that much trouble talking to you- a girl!

"Is something wrong Captain?" "N-No not really, I um.. would you like to start over?" he asked shyly and you smiled brightly before holding a hand out then helping him back up on his feet.

"I'd like that..."  "Okay.. Um.. Hello. I'm Captain Dick Simmons and you?"