Chapter Seven

I froze mid-step. I plopped my foot down from where it was dangling in the air. I turned slowly, as if to make some kind of point. Adrian was quite a bit taller than me, so it was kinda hard to stare him straight in the eye. But, I did. I realized too late that was a horrible mistake. I just got myself into a battle of will with a werewolf. If dogs take shizz like this seriously, imagine how werewolves take it. If I looked away now I would be submissive, taken as little threat, however I knew he wasn't going to let me win. Didn't mean I couldn't cheat, of course.

"So I hear that you guys are pretty tough," I said trying to, I dunno, distract him or something.

"What do you mean, young Chloe?" he asked in a sickly sweet voice, never taking his eyes off me.

"I hear, from a certain couple of werewolves that you take traitors to the chainsaw. Or 'wolves that invade your territory."

He scoffed at me, "Ah, yes, lovely rumors that people spread, it's a wonder what you can do with Photoshop isn't it?" Just then he did the worst thing he could ever do. He rolled his big black eyes in an exaggerated circle. Right after that he looked straight back at me. To late buddy, I thought to myself. I started smiling.

Next thing I knew I was on the ground, with the taste of blood in my mouth. My cheek stung like nobody's business, and so did my head. I looked up at Adrian, hand raised, the glint of madness in his eyes. Ash was holding him back with a concerned look on his face. He looked down at me, and then anger replaced the concern.

I started to get up, then thought better if it. Even the slightest movements made me want to barf up the non-existent meal I had last eaten. When had I last eaten anyways? A day? More? Less? Whatever, the thought of food was sickening right now. I just kind of laid there wanting to move, but not risking throwing up.

After about five minuets of just lying there, I decided that it was safe to move. It still hurt like hell, but I was no longer nauseous. Ash had ordered the guard's to take me back to my cell. Whatever. Now I can practice all my new powers. I saw food in my room. From past experience it was probably drugged. Whatever.

I needed some good sleep with no interventions from annoying ghosts. Ghosts that were scary, and liked to hear me scream. Ick. I ate it all. Then I laid on my bed contemplating the futility of it all. What were the use of awesome powers if I couldn't save Derek. The one person who truly understood me. Maybe I wasn't good enough for this world. I could just...

Whoa. What the heck? I mean I know I'm in a dark place, but this is just not me. These thoughts belonged to people who needed medication. What's wrong with me? Morbid thoughts don't apply to me. Or so I thought. I just need to calm down. And why aren't I sleeping like the dead? I snickered at the thought. Okay, so obviously the food wasn't drugged. What's up with that?

About thirty minuets later I decided to act on the pretty sketchy plan I had created. I summoned Liz.

"At your service!" Liz's voice sounded, as she saluted me.

I giggled. "At ease, soldier! I have created a plan of not-so-epic proportions, will you help me?"

This time she giggled. "Of course, Grand Sergeant Master! What can I do!" We both broke out in fits of giggles which turned into full blown laughs. After I wiped the tears from my eyes, I started to explain the plan.

"Okay, so your going to go and tell everybody that we are in the position of the pack, right? Then you lead then here, to the Grand Escape! Before you do that can you go tell Derek, that it'll be alright? He was in really bad condition last time I saw him." I started to tear up again. Liz came over and started to pat my back. I sniffled. "Nah, I'm okay. Just tell him we have a plan, and that he'll be out soon. Thanks Liz."

"Don't go all softie on me Great Private Master!"

"I thought it was Grand Sergeant Master."

She waved a hand in my direction, "Whatever, now I've got a job to do, soooooo, see you later! I'll be back with the others as soon as I can."

"You got it!"

Liz left me there, in my lonesome cell. She had made me laugh. When was the last time I laughed? I dunno, but it was a really long time ago. Liz was my angel in purple giraffe socks.

Soon I got bored.

Okay, I'll just check on them, well, Simon, since I couldn't last time. I focused on him, his soft blonde hair, his slanted eyes, his humor. And there I was.

"Tori, you bitch!"

Whoa, SO not what I expected to hear.

"Simon, you ingrate! I was just telling you the truth!"

"No Tori, you're a lying, evil, bitch!"

Okay, ignoring them. I looked over my shoulder and saw that there was some paper and pencils lying on the table. I picked up the pencil, flipped it a little, then put it back down. Hmm, I thought to myself. I looked back over and saw that Simon had Tori near tears.

I picked the pencil back up and chucked it at him.

"What do you WANT Andrew?" he screamed. He looked over at the door and saw nobody there. His eyes got wide and he looked back at Tori, who also looked mystified. I walked over picked up the pencil, waved it in front of Simon's face and walked over to the paper.

"Liz?" Tori asked in a small voice.

No, I wrote on the paper, It's Chloe, listen Simon, you can't go all meanie on Tori, okay. He nodded once.

Good, now Liz will be here soon to debrief you. I'm sorry I can't stay longer. I'll explain later, bye.

I set the pencil down and left.