"Yes," she wrapped her arms around my neck. "Star wide receiver should try and make an effort to show."

"Are we staying at Shane's?"

"I'm guessing it's a good possibility. Especially if you're being stupid again."

"I'm not going to drink that much, I swear." My hands rested on her hips as I continued my swimsuit reminder in my head.

"I wasn't referring to drinking, but that means more for me."

"Lucas will be hovering."

"Then I guess I won't be able to kiss you at all tonight."

"Believe me, there will be plenty of kissing tonight." As if to prove my point, I kissed her forehead. The menacing smile finally broke into something sweeter as I looked back down at her. "Now, find something to wear before your brother pops up while I'm holding you dressed like that."

"Chicken shit." She stuck out her tongue. I kissed her nose before pulling myself free. Opening my bag, I shook out the pair of jeans, white tee and black button up. Sneaking glances at Blaine while she grabbed a skirt and two tops, I smiled. If anyone knew her like we did, they would worship her.

Every guy would be bowing at her feet begging for just a smile in their direction. The girls would be divided. They would either want to be her friend, or hate her for the effect she had on people. Such a simple beauty with a big personality that she has kept buried for years. That's what I love most. She didn't let her ego take charge.

Delicate fingers reached for the collar of my shirt and folded it back into place as I buttoned up the shirt. I took another second to look her over. Straightened hair, subtle make up, a tight purple tank and black skirt. For not being into dances, she was still pretty dressed up. When her eyes flicked up to meet mine. They looked more green today, with a caramel colored ring around her iris.

"What?"

"What do you think about prom?"

"That it's like seven months away." The warmth of her hands seeped through my shirt as she rested them on my chest.

"It's never too early to start thinking about it."

"You want to take me to your senior prom?" She tried to bite back a smile as she turned to pick up her phone from the dresser.

"I'll do the asking properly when the time comes," I stepped up behind her. My arms wrapped around her waist. "But have you thought about it?"

"I might have," she looked at me over her shoulder. "But I think we should get through the next few months before planning anything."

"You worried we won't be together by then?"

"No," she stated quickly. "I'm just still getting used to all this, being your girlfriend and now the team. It's a lot going on."

"Then promise me you'll keep it in mind."

"Promise." Her smile returned as she kissed my cheek. She held up her phone and I groaned. The bold white numbers told me what she was thinking. We were officially on time to leave and would get there when everyone else would. My arms fell from her waist and I watched her prance to the door.

**~~**

Shane's get together with close friends had gotten out of control. It looked worse than the party he had the second week of school. There were so many people that you couldn't move through a crowd without stepping on someone's toes. Fortunately, Blaine was happy being camped out in the kitchen. She was sitting on the counter, a red cup in her hands with Heather sitting beside her.