A forgotten wish x

We were at Dan's house; I was surprised at how quickly we warmed up to each other. I thought he would've still been a little bit mad at me for some random reason. I didn't expect talking and laughing with him would come so naturally to us. Every time someone would say something even remotely funny Dan and I would burst into laughter. I was sipping the vodka and coke, I was sitting beside Chris watching American idol. Chris went out to throw away some of the bottles and Dan had dragged me away into the closet. He brought is fingers to his lips motioning for me to be quiet as we tried to hide from Chris.

"Guys, where are you?" I heard Chris's dizzy voice ask us. Not thinking I heard my voice flow through the air

"Here!" I whispered before I felt Dan's hand placed lightly on my lips as he stared at me grinning. In the dark room I could see his shining teeth, I started giggling against his warm hand as I thought about it. He looked at me with a quizzical and confused look.

"What's so funny?" He asked looking at me like I was crazy but that only made me laugh harder.

"Everything, just yesterday you knocked me out then when I was at the nurses you told Chris how much you hated me but now it's like we've been friends forever." I said still giggling. I expected him to start laughing with me but his face started to get softer.

"Well, your not what I thought you were. You accept people for who they are... that's the special thing about you." His said quietly, we were now sitting on the ground whispering to each other as a slip of light crept into the room. Chris stepped in closing the door behind us and then we all sat in silence surrounded by the darkness.

"Ow!! My head hurts!" I heard Chris moaned as I started cracking the eggs into the frying pan. I grinned watching Dan and Chris lay carelessly across the floor complaining about their headaches.

"Why don't you have a hangover?" Dan asked his voice tight with throbbing pain, I smiled sweetly at him before answering.

"Oh, I never get hangovers." I heard him mutter 'lucky bitch' before Chris smacked him right across the arm. Chris started standing up putting his shirt back on before draggin Dan up with him.

"I'm going, I need to go fishing with Dad." He explained puling Dan into a hug. Then before I could turn away I saw him place his lips lightly against Dan's as Dan started smiling with happiness.

"I love you." I heard him whisper into Dans ear as he made his way towards me and pulled me into a hug.

"Don't miss me too much," He said cheekily walking towards the door "Take care of my little Bella, okay?" He ordered before leaving. I stood there with the bacon sizzling in the pan watching Dan's every move. He seemed lighter and happier after that little kiss from Chris. Even though now I knew there was know chance of Chris ever liking me I could feel my heart clenching at the image of him kissing someone else. I could feel my heart thumping with jealousy as I stared at Dan. Finally looking and catching my eyes, concern ran though his quickly.

"Bell, what's wrong?" He asked walking swiftly over to me. I shook my head indicating nothing was wrong as I concentrated on the bacon and eggs again. As Dan nodded and walked over to turn on the t.v I knew that what I had said was a lie because now I would have to see the guy a love kiss another person. I had to watch the guy I love place his perfect lips onto another persons lips as I stared and wished how much that person was me but no matter how many times I wish upon a shooting star. I know that, that lucky person will never be me...