His new bestfriend x

"Happy Birthday, Bella." He whispered to me as I wrapped my arms around his waist. The city lights seem to blur as we made our way over to his basket ball practice. His shaggy brown hair clung to his face lightly as he slowed down. I slowly got of the bike as I saw Chris's friend Dan glare at me slamming the basketball into the ground and running way as fast as he could. I was shocked. I knew Dan didn't like me, I never knew why but I knew it was something to do with Chris and me. Chris's eyes filled with worry as he sprinted off after him. A glow of white light seemed to be radiating off him as he slowly caught up to Dan catching his arm. They moved over to the trees the shadows shoving them out of sight. I hugged tightly onto the snow white fluffy bear Chris had given me for my birthday as I heard whispered shouts coming from those two.

"You're always spending time with her." I heard Dan spit,

"It's always... I wonder how Bella is and whether she's okay, I mean what about me Chris?" I heard a few more angry screams before everything went quiet. I listened to the echo of the once bouncing ball as Chris and Dan approached me. Chris face was tense as Dan covered his anger with a calm mask.

"I need to go home, I forgot something." Dan said ever so slightly looking off to the distance. Chris looked sad and reluctant.

"Come on," He said trying to persuade Dan out of his bad mood but all he did was slightly shrug and walked quietly to his car. The rumble of the engine burst to life as I watched his black shiny Holden whisper out of sight. Chris let out a slow sigh as he sat next to me his shoulders slumped.

"I'm so sorry." I said not wanting to see the hurt in his eyes. Chris had recently become very close friends with Dan, when he wasn't with me he was with Dan. So they were pretty tight and I guess Dan was just jealous of all the time we spent together. He lifted his head to look into my eyes as he tried to smile confidently.

"It's okay; It's not even your fault Bell. Its mine actually. It's just me and Dan are pretty tight and I guess lately I've been cancelling on him for you so he's just getting a bit pissed, that's all. He stood up brushing his fingers along mine to get me to stand up. He pulled me into another one of his bear hugs before tugging me along to his bike. He put on his helmet then carefully put mine on for me, climbing on to the bike he steadied himself waiting for me to hop onto. Carefully pulling myself onto the bike, I watched as he started slowly driving down the street before accelerating and speeding off down the night. I could see his jaw clench as he tried to forget what had just happened in the court. He held my hand loosely as we crept up the stairs to my room. There he laid me in the bed tucking me in before kissing my forehead lightly.

"Sweet dreams, Bell Cakes." He breathed out making the butterflies dance delicately in my stomach. I smiled at him getting lost in his gorgeous green eyes. He slowly opened my window and started climbing down to ground using the tree. He grinned at me before ducking down. I heard his footsteps walking over to his house just next door and his keys clinking together as he opened his door. I fell asleep happily dreaming about his breath tickling my skin as he lightly spoke.

"I love you, Bella." Chris's voice sang into my ear as I grinned madly. I slowly pressed my lips against his tasting the passion in his voice. I wrapped my arms around his neck not willing to let him go as his arms crept around my waist holding me close to him. He kissed my neck desperately, each kiss rougher and wanting as his tongue skittered across my skin.

"I love you too." I whispered softly and then....

I woke up, leaving my eyelids closed and seeing the blackness around me I started feeling the tears slip through my eyelids and down my cheek. It was just a dream, he didn't love me not like that anyway, peeling my eyelids open I saw Chris whispering into the phone.

"Come on Dan, please? Let's just meet up today at the usual. Yes, I promise I'll be there." He said quickly before clicking the phone shut.

"Good morning." I said stretching my arms as Chris smiled at me, he walked over to me and knelt down at the side of the bed.

"Hey, how was your sleep?" he asked me brushing the hair out of my face. The sunlight seem to cause his emerald eyes to sparkle. The specks of grey seem to shimmer as his gaze darted from places to places never able to stay on one spot for long. Our faces were so close we could've kissed. I inched in closer. Our lips were just about to touch...

"It was good." I barely whispered out before he stood up stiffly and walked over to the window.

"I have to go." He said weirdly before jumping onto the tree and disappearing.