16: Disappearing Act

Start from the beginning

"Nothing," I brushed the matter off, rushing forward to clean up the mess. "I've just been writing again, getting back into my hobbies."

"Why?" She stood, staring down at me in confusion as I continued my scampered cleaning.

"I was inspired..." It was then that the wooden frame of my new guitar was noticed. "Kol bought it for me--as a gift..." I answered her silent question.

Arms folded over her chest, "So I'm assuming 'great' hardly scratches the surface?" I looked down, suddenly feeling like a child caught stealing cookies before dinner.

"I suppose..."

"And those lyrics--"

"I was just inspired, they don't mean anything."

She couldn't hold back a teasing scoff, "Inspired to write a love song during your isolation with the charming younger Mikaelson who's so obviously crushing on you(?)"

"As I said, they don't mean anything, Adie. They're just words on paper."

"Yeah--words making up a song, and from what I remember you only wrote when your heart had something it wanted to scream out but your mind wasn't ready." She drew closer, hands wrapping around the hoards of paper in my tightening grip.

"...I'm scared..." I admitted in the quietest of whispers, head dipping.

"Of course you're scared. People don't like to be vulnerable--especially you, after everything you've been through in your life. It's perfectly understandable, Madison, you are allowed to just feel things, ya' know?--He doesn't have to find out..." The truth in her words filled me with a small amount of confidence.

"It's just--. We've become close these past few weeks, we've become friends and--...I don't want to ruin it. I trust him and I've moved past the treatment I've previously received from his face but he's still the Original bad boy vampire and I'm just a regular human. At least your crush was the noble brother known for having a heart. I got the psychopath..."

KOL POV

https://data.whicdn.com/images/98615625/original.gif.

"Are you kidding me?!" A squeal grabbed my attention, my body instinctively making a 360 spin and whooshing toward the library's entrance at the sound of the feminine tone

"Are you kidding me?!" A squeal grabbed my attention, my body instinctively making a 360 spin and whooshing toward the library's entrance at the sound of the feminine tone. Freezing in the entrance, I was caught off guard to find Adelina and Madison jumping in what seemed to be joy, large grins stretched across each girls' face as their eyes closed and bodies were hugged close together. "We can actually do it!"

"Do what?" My brow furrowed in reaction to the rigid posture Madi's body molded into, concern instantly flushing through me when the girls separated and turned to address my presence. "What? Don't get all shy on my account..." I strolled toward the sofa, resting against the arm of the furniture before expectantly raising a brow. Madi seemed to grip Adie's hand for reassurance before speaking.