Astiego - Surprise!

A few days ago...

Diego couldn't believe it. The whole squad couldn't believe it too. The grim news arrived to them in the morning, just before their second case in Ivory Hills...

On the way to work, one of the Flying Squad members encountered a car accident. Astoria was the victim. It all happened so fast, the minute she crossed the street, a car just rammed into her, sending her flying across the road. Her head was hit really hard against the Concordia streets, and she lost a lot of blood due to the impact.

Diego knew that he could be needed by Detective Player for his expertise, but today he was in a depressing mood. He knew Lily was a tough woman, but the car accident traumatised all of the Flying Squad members.

He could only pray that Astoria will stay strong-willed.

Once work was done, the squad headed to the nearby hospital, hoping that the inventor's apprentice didn't suffer too much injuries. But they got the shock of their lives.

Astoria's face was bandaged heavily, you could only make out her eyes and nose. Her right arm was broken, and her left knee was dislocated. Despite the injuries, she slept peacefully, unaware of what has happened to her.

"Oh my goodness..." Maddie gasped silently, the squad having somber faces.

Charlie was the first to cry, "My baby Sister... why must it be her..." He said through sobs, Richard and Maddie supporting him.

A man in a checkered vest came up to them, his brown hair a bit messy. "You must be the Concordian Flying Squad. I'm Miss Dupont's doctor, Gerald Smith." He shook hands with Chief Wright.

"What happened? We heard she got into an accident, but was it that serious?" Diego asked, concerned about his lover.

"Yes. Apparently, the driver was heavily intoxicated, and was driving faster than the speed limit. Miss Dupont suffered severe injuries due to the impact. Some broken ribs, and a concussion. She may be unconscious for the next few days, but she'll wake up eventually." Dr Smith told him, noticing his worry.

Diego then turned his head, looking at Astoria.
Please be alright...

After the visit, everyone left to go home, except for Charlie. He decided to stay for an hour longer, wanting to know more about Lily's accident. With a somber look, Diego left the hospital.

He cried to sleep that night.

A day ago...

Charlie headed back to the hospital, a bouquet of flowers and a book along with him. As he made his way to Lily's ward, he hummed a song under his breath, a song familiar to both of them. He then found Astoria's ward, and took the seat beside her bed.

"Hey, Tori.... how are you feeling?" Charlie asked the unconscious figure. The silence was the answer. He arranged the bouquet of fresh lilies on a nearby vase. "I got your favourite flowers, too bad they're not Lilies of the Valley..." he chuckled. He sighed, expressing his feelings.

"Please, Astoria.... it's been three days already... Dr Smith said you should be awake by now...." Charlie mumbled, brushing a stray lock from her face, now free of bandages. "We all miss you... Maddie, Evie, Me... even Diego..." he said.