Zenny - Meet the Prestons

Zara sighed, looking out at the scenery in front of her. It had been a few weeks since the team had returned from their adventure, and many things had happen then.

For starters, Zara and Penny has started dating two weeks ago, and the two were having their first date today! Zara was shocked about Penny's confession then, but soon realised that she also fancy the girl. Throughout her time with the team, she came to develop feelings for the girl with coral red hair, but due to never having a crush before, never knew what was the strange feeling in her stomach.

Zara, dressed in a lilac shirt and a silver skirt with flats, was waiting for Penelope Preston. It was good to be back in their original timeline, back to the New York that was home to them. Sitting on a bench in Central Park, she watched as kids ran around playing catch with one another, and their parents watching them by the side.

"Sorry if I'm late, Zara." A voice beckoned her to look up. Zara looked stunned, then gave the female a small smile. Although she has seen Penny wear casual clothing before, she still looks amazing every day. Penny's hair was in its messy ponytail, and she wore a pastel blue sweater with black jeans. She wore her usual navy shoes, and her golden locket. The only thing that was missing was her smart glasses.

"W-wow, Penny....you look great!" Zara said, pink dusting her cheeks.

"Th-thank you...." Penny mumbled, a small blush appearing. "You...look great too." She replied nervously.

The two shared a small, but goofy smile and they headed to a nearby café, where their date will be held.

"Ahhhh! I'm so proud of her!" A mysterious voice said.

"Shhh! They could hear you, hun! Plus, I'm not so sure about that girl..." A male voice shushed the female.

"I definitely ship it." A little boy's voice silently whispered.

Once the two entered the café, they ordered their beverages: a latte for Zara, and a cup of earl grey tea for Penny. The two decided to sit outside, at the patio of the café, enjoying the spring weather.

"So...what have you've been up to lately?" Zara asked Penny.

"Nothing much, really. I just been hanging out with my family, that's all." Penny replied, taking a sip of her tea.

"That's right, you never really talked much about your family, right?" Zara asked.

"...it's a complicated story, but I'll just start after my adoption. I was 10 when my mum and dad adopted me. At the time, they were still dating, but knew that they wanted to raise a child together. A few months later, my mum, Raina, had to go to Pacific Bay to work, so my dad, Felix, had full custody of me. Mum did swing by every few months to stay for 2 weeks, before returning back. Although I didn't see her as much, she and I had a connection, since she was the one who met me back then. Once Mum and Dad got married 10 years ago, they had my little brother, Martin." Penny said, mesmerising about the times.

"That's a lovely story." Zara said, smiling sweetly at her.

"It is." Penny agreed, opening the locket to see the pictures of her families, the Prestons and the Bretts.

"I'll tell you what happen before at another time... it's quite a sad story." Penny smiled weakly.

"Alright."

Once the two finished their beverages, they headed back to Central Park to walk around and enjoy the scenery. As they were walking, Penny felt an odd but familiar feeling.

"What's wrong?" Zara asked, concerned that they halted to a sudden stop.

Penny didn't return a reply, only to turn to face a large oak tree. "You can come out now, I know you're there." Penny rolled her eyes.

Zara was confused, until she saw three people coming out from behind the tree. A woman with dark brown hair tied into a ponytail, wearing a blue dress and black glasses, a man around the woman's age with ginger hair, slightly greying at the sides, wearing a purple sweater over a white collared shirt, and acid-washed jeans, and a young boy with green glasses, wearing a green and yellow hoodie, with navy blue shorts.

"Zara, I would like you to meet my mum, Raina, my dad, Felix, and my little brother, Martin." Penny introduced her to her family.

"Wait... your family?" Zara asked, less confused than before.

Raina smiled, and excitedly grab both of Zara's hands, "I'm so glad my little girl found you as a lover! I never seen her so happy!!!" She squealed.

Felix amusingly smiled, prying his wife away from Zara, "Do you promise to take care of my daughter?" He asked seriously.

"Yes sir!" Zara said, a bit intimidated.

Felix then relaxed, and let loose a chuckle, "Then, welcome to the Preston Family, Zara!"

"D-dad!" Penny said, blushing a deep crimson.

Zara then felt a tug on her shirt, looking down to see Martin. Martin, who had a huge grin on his face, said to her, "I'm so happy you're with Penny!"

Zara smiled, then ruffled his hair. "I am too, Martin."

"Call me Marty!" Martin said, giving Zara a high-five, to which she returned.

Once she stood up, she looked at Penny with a gracious smile. Penny saw it, and smiled back, her blush still plastered on her face.

"Well Zara, this are the Prestons." Penny giggled.

End

——A/N——

Tada! Another oneshot by yours truly~

I would like to credit Totojo2 for the wonderful Zenny art she drew, go check her out and send her some more love because she deserves it!

This was originally suppose to be in the Pride Month Challenge book, but I decided to post this here because Penny is one of my OCs (and both me and Toto are big Zenny shippers-)

Vote if you enjoy, comment your views and PEACE OUT!