Jynthia - Till Death Do Us Part

Running as fast as he could, Joe Warren headed to a specific ward, seeing the rest of the Ad Astrans outside the room.

"H-how is she?" Joe's voice was softer than a whisper, but the rest heard him. Christian gave him a grim look, as Louis and Julia comforted Rozetta, who was crying heavily, waterfalls down her cheeks.

"The doctor said... she doesn't have much time left..." Christian said, choked on his own tears.

Joe nodded, and he went inside the ward. Cynthia Warren was lying in the hospital bed, her head covered by her favourite beanie.

"J...Joe...?" She asked, tired.

"H..hi love..." Joe greeted his wife, saddened by her weak appearance.

"Hi...."

"Do you feel fine? Need some water-" Joe was interrupted by her.

"N-no.... listen honey... remember... keep everyone safe...ok? I'll see you in...a better life..." Cynthia told him, holding his hand.

"I-I will.... I will, Cindy." Joe replied, pressing a kiss to her knuckles.

Cindy gave a weak smile, and she closed her eyes...

"D-darling...?" Joe felt Cynthia's hand, it was turning cold, "please wake up.... it's not funny..."

The heart rate monitor showed a straight line.

What happened became a blur to Joe. Doctors and Nurses rushed to the scene, he was pulled back to give space. Once the commotion was over, the Doctors gave him the news.... Cynthia was officially brain dead.

Just the word, "dead". He broke down, crying. He was escorted out of the ward, and the Ad Astrans saw him, eyes watering.

"S..she's gone..."

2 years later, the Ad Astra decided to go pay a visit to an old friend. With a picnic basket in hand, the group headed to the cemetery. The journey was filled with excitement, with Louis taking pictures of the journey. The group finally reached to the front of a tombstone:

Cynthia Warren née Sanchez
A beloved daughter, wife and friend.

"Hi darling... all of us are here... spending time with you." Joe said, placing a bouquet of yellow hibiscus down. The rest were enjoying their picnic lunch, talking about what has happened recently with their respective companies. After arranging the flowers properly, Joe headed back to the picnic, glancing back at the grave with a tender look.

The rest of the Ad Astrans took turns having their sentimental talks with Cynthia, with Joe taking the longest.

Once it was time to go, Ad Astra said their goodbyes together, and promised the late woman to visit again soon.

With that, the group took their leaves.

"You have to understand... Mayor Warren... Denise Daniels's killer has my FIANCÉE! Give us something more... something THAT CAN SAVE HER!" Detective Felix Preston broke down, crying. With all the work on the Neohumans... as well as the kidnaping of Raina...

He was freaking out.

Joe suddenly felt a rush of empathy for the man. Detective Preston wanted to have a one-on-one talk with the ex-mayor, hoping to get more clues.

"I wish I could Detective... I know how you feel... but sadly this is all I know..." Joe raspily said, weak from the serum and the explosion.