21. monday, january 2004

Start from the beginning

"Yeah?" She batted her eyelids at him. He looked away for a moment, starting to become nervous.

"Do you wanna like...go out with me sometime?" He asked awkwardly. Joanna stared at him for a moment before breaking into a wide smile.

"Of course I will, Al." She grinned. "I didn't suck your dick for nothing." She laughed. Alex blushed deeply and burst out laughing. They sat laughing for a moment before Alex leant forward and kissed her. She wrapped her arms around his neck and their chapped cold lips attacked each other.

"Hey! Get off each other and come and help us!" Matt's voice broke them apart. Alex pulled away and stood up, holding out his hand for her to take so they could join everyone else.

Another snowball fight broke out when Jamie knocked the head off the snowman. Alex pelted Luna with as much snow as he could, eventually knocking her over after she got one to the face. He doubled over laughing, holding his stomach for comfort.

"Okay everyone back to mine!" Matt yelled. Everyone agreed so Alex ran over to Luna to help her up.

"Sorry. Got too into it." He shrugged as he pulled her up. She was laughing but her nose was red as if she had a cold. Alex thought she looked cute.

"It's okay." She smiled. They started to walk behind everyone else and she nudged him. "You and Joanna seem to be getting close." She started the conversation.

"I'm going to take her out." He told her, shoving his hands in his coat pockets. Luna raised her eyebrows.

"When?" She asked. He shrugged.

"I don't know. I just asked her if she wanted to go out sometime and she said yes so I guess that's a good thing." He explained. She nodded.

"That is a good thing. I'm proud, Alexander." She grinned at him. He grinned back. "She really likes you so you can relax." She told him.

"I'm glad she's confident otherwise I would've never even spoken to her." He continued.

"Don't worry. I can talk you up as well don't forget." She pointed out. He nodded. "And then we can go on double dates." Alex laughed.

"I'm sure Brian will love that." He replied sarcastically. Luna nudged him again.

"Shut up." She chuckled but a sad look wiped across her face. Alex put an arm around her and squeezed her tightly.

"You two still good?" He asked, slowing down from everyone else slightly so they could talk. She looked up at him sadly and nodded.

"He's stopped hanging out with this group though. He's found new friends that I don't know so I don't see him as much." She explained. Alex nodded.

"Maybe tell him you want to see him more. I'm sure he's not going to refuse." He advised. He knew Luna was sad about it but what he didn't expect was to see a tear fall from her eye. He stopped walking and faced her.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry, it'll be okay." He wiped her tear away and she turned away from him, clearly embarrassed of her moment of weakness.

"I'm fine. I'm overreacting." She said. Alex looked up the road to see how far everyone had got, it was safe to say they were all out of sight by now.

"Come on. Let's make some Irish hot chocolate. I know where Matt's mum keeps the good stuff." He winked. She looked back to him and smiled. Her hand came to his cheek and he thought she was just going to hold it but she squeezed his face together and brought hers close to it.

"Don't tell anyone I cried. I will not be known as a pussy." She threatened. He couldn't help but smile at her angry face.

"Never." He replied. She nodded and they continued to walk up the road.

Joanna and Jamie were outside smoking when they arrived at Matt's house. Jamie saw them first.

"Hey! Where've you two been?" He called over. Luna burst into a grin and playfully tackled him.

"Alexander over here slipped on some ice and made a right tit out of himself. I had to help him as he slid around like Bambi" she lied. Jamie started to laugh at Alex, who shrugged as if he couldn't help it. He walked over to Joanna while Jamie got out a cigarette for Luna.

"Clumsy." Joanna tutted at him. She placed her fag in his mouth and he breathed it in.

"I'm not very co-ordinated, what can I say?" He leant down and kissed her, earning a giggle from her lips.

"Hey, Alex! Come on, you owe me an Irish hot chocolate." Luna yelled from the front door. He put an arm around Joanna and led her into the house.

"I hope they never open school again." Nick say on the floor with a cup of hot chocolate in one hand while his other hand poured the whisky in.

"What time are your parents back?" Alex asked as Joanna sat on his lap, passing him a cup.

"Six-ish." He answered. Alex sipped his drink and nodded. Joanna laughed at something Kate had said and her drink wobbled in front of Alex's eyes.

"Don't spill it on me." He hissed. She looked down at him and help her cup to his lips, he sipped it and she brought it to hers so the drink wasn't as full.

"Wouldn't want to get it on your shirt would we?" She whispered to him. "Then you'd have to take it off." Alex smirked up at her, sipping his cup without breaking eye contact.

"Harry!" Luna screamed all of a sudden. Everyone looked around to see Luna pushing Harry off the sofa. He put his hands up in defence and stood up in front of the tv. "Everyone, Harry has something to say." She told them. Everyone paid attention to him.

"Okay okay. It's kind of just for the Arctic Monkeys." He started. Alex looked at Matt, who looked just as confused as he did. "I got you guys a gig at the boardwalk on Saturday." He announced. Jamie, Nick and Matt all leapt up in happiness. Alex's eyes widened as he absorbed the words.

"Fuck me." Alex said, putting his mug on the side table. Joanna slipped off him so he could stand up. "Are we ready for this?" He asked. The boys looked at him.

"Yes! Alex come on!" They all yelled, wrapping their arms around each other and Harry. Luna stood up and joined in, squeezing Alex's arm and winking at him amongst it all.