The game was almost over and we planned on going back to our dorm to change before going to this party later.

"That's crazy."

I had finally put all the drama and other shit behind me, just focusing on school so that I can get my degree and get outta there.

I had been good for 3 weeks, nothing in my way and I was glad about it because I had been through a lot these past few months.

"Who you texting that got you smiling like that?" I asked Dayana as she sat beside me smiling at her phone, laughing at her facial expression.

"Jeremiah..." My smile dropped but I quickly covered it before she turned her attention to me.

Did I want her talking to that nigga? No, but I couldn't just tell her to cut him off. I wouldn't even be able to give her a reason because she doesn't know about all of the shit that went down.

A little bit later, the game was over and we left to go back to our dorm. I sighed as I walked through the door, my phone automatically going crazy as notifications started coming in.

2/4 🤱🏽💕 - i just know y'all ain't seen the news yet 😬.

3/4 🧚🏼‍♀️🖤 - shole didn't. i'm not even at home.

4/4 🧞‍♀️❕- i just seen that shit. dead asf 😗.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as I read the messages, shaking my head before reaching to turn the tv on.

"19 year old Armani Managan was found dead earlier today." My jaw dropped as I watched the news because I thought she had just ran away.

"The young girl had been missing for about 3 weeks before her body was found, dumped into a river."

"Trap's not texting me ba-" I looked back at Dayana before shaking my head.

"Yea pooh, he dealing with something right now." She looked confused but didn't say anything, shrugging her shoulders as she turned to the tv.

I looked at her again before turning my attention back to my phone, getting ready to call Kacey.

"Did you do it?" I asked as soon as the call connected causing him to scoff before laughing.

"Ion get a damn hey? Shit!"

"Answer the question Marquees, I'm being serious."

"No Akeyla, I didn't do it."

"I really hope you're not lying to me."

"Fuck I gotta lie for?"

"Bye."

I move to hang up the call but his voice stops me from doing so. A smile making it's way onto my face.

"You hang up this phone without saying you love me and I'm gone be at that school in less than an hour."

"I love you baby."

"I love you more."

I smile as I hang up the phone, looking at the tv again to see Nuni's mom talking while eating a big texas.

I shook my head, going to my messages and clicking on the gc to see them joking.

3/4 🧚🏼‍♀️🖤 - so we finna act like we didn't just see her pull that big texas outta her back pocket? 😭

4/4 🧞‍♀️❕- thought you wasn't at home so how you watching this shit?

3/4 🧚🏼‍♀️🖤 - i'm at somebody house dumbass.

2/4 🤱🏽💕 - & that somebody is lo 🕺🏽. get yo shit sis 🥴

1/4 🏌🏽‍♀️🥶 - LOOOOOO ?!?!?

1/4 🏌🏽‍♀️🥶 - not de'angelo moore 😟

4/4 🧞‍♀️❕- you ain't ever just say his whole government 🤣.

Nuni is dead. Trap fucking with my roommate. Boosie talking to Lo again?!

I wish the author would stop fucking playing with my life.

-

i been having writer's block for the longest y'all. i'm sorry if this chapter isn't the best, it's all i could come up with.

+

this is just a little filler chapter though, giving you folks some calm before the storm cause it's going down when xyla goes home for thanksgiving break 😬.