The Beginning of Forever

Days earlier

"We have to talk about going to Nova Scotia. I have new information about the Cure. Shall we meet at the usual place?" Elijah said to the doppelganger.

 Shall we meet at the usual place?" Elijah said to the doppelganger

"No. I am at Whitmore already. Come by my dorm." - Elena replied.

"All right." - the Original said and swiped the call off. Putting the phone away in his pocket, he now chose a different shirt. As he finally got ready, he made his way to Whitmore College.

🎹

A week later

Nova Scoatia

Elena closed the book in frustration.

Elijah put the old papirus on the table now and rose up from the desk.

"I think we need a break. Want a drink?"

"Yes, please. But not Bourbon. Is there any wine maybe? - Elena said as she now got up frim the sofa.

"I think so. I think I saw some Pinot grigio in the cellar."- Elijah replied and swished down to the cellar of the Mansion.

Returning back, he poured them both a glass of the pale golden nectar.

"Who would have thought they kept such a good drop here in the fake world?" - Elijah said as he took a sip of the wine.

"I like it."- Elena said, adding-"Food does nothing to us, but I still can't get that we can taste the drinks like when we were human?!"

"Yes, I have found this extraordinary, too, always. I prefer wine to Bourbon actually. "

"Really?"

"Oh, yes. It is far more delectable. Some wines, like this one is to the palate like the finest of silks."

"It is good - though I only tried wine once or twice. It was always Bourbon with - ok - not going back to the past" - Elena said taking another sip.

"I agree. Let the sleeping dogs lie." - Elijah said and took a deep breath.

"You miss her?" - Elena said with a little mental gulp, her heart burning as she now waited for the response. The doppelganger now apologized for being too forward.

Elijah knew what she was referring to and now replied-

"Not at all. I have long since moved on. My heart is set on someone else. It has been so for a while now."

" Oh, right - I never thought Camille is your type. "

"Camille? - Why would you think-?"- Elijah now looked a bit surprised that Elena would mention the blonde bartender.

"Sorry - I just - I kind of overheard you talk. I didn't mean to. And so I figured-"

"Well, you figured wrong-" - Elijah now paused, wetting his lips before he proceeded -"the one that has my heart yearning for is you, Elena-"