14. Kidnap and kidnapper

Start from the beginning

Your grip on the backpack straps tightened, running down the small flight of stairs and quickly made a beeline to your car, avoiding the looks you were given as you unlocked the doors and slipped in.

Taking out your phone, you frowned at the text messages from Josh. It was mostly about his day and what he did during work, disheartened that Joseph decided to stick to night duty to avoid him—he got an apartment for himself, too.

Congratulating your brother, you plugged in your phone via Bluetooth and played a random playlist on Spotify.

"I'm hungry..." You whispered, pulling out the parking lot. "Wendy's, McDonald's or Burger King?"

Tapping the wheel to the beat of the music, you didn't notice the black Lamborghini pulling up besides you. Looking up at the red light, you puffed your cheeks, counting down and recounting the times you thought it would turn green.

The notification bell startled you from your counting, grabbing your phone, you furrowed your eyebrows at Red's text.

[Reddybear sent an image.]

Looking up at the traffic lights, you used the thumbprint to open your phone and pulled up the picture.

Despite it being low quality, it was a photo of you. Cheeks puffed, fingers mid-tap on the wheel and your looking up at the traffic lights while lost in thought.

The colour red bloomed on your face as you turned to your right, mouth opening and closing idiotically at Red.

"Hiya, sweetcheeks." He chuckled, leaning out of the black Lamborghini window. "Ya come 'ere often?" He snickered, basking in your startled look.

However, your eyes wasn't on him. Rather, they were on the scowling skeleton besides him. Giving you a heated glare.

"SA-RED, I TOLD YOU TO STOP TALKING TO IT." He shouted, grabbing the back of Red's hoodie and roughly yanking him back. A choking noise came from the smaller skeleton as he was roughly yanked. A low growl coming from him as he turned to his brother.

"And I told ya I ain't gonna do shit!"

Your eyes went to the traffic lights, apologizing for cursing at it earlier and begging it to hurry up and change colours already. It was like the universe <em>wanted</em> you to be miserable.

"And she has a name, it's Y/n. Y-n. C'mon boss, say it with me."

"DON'T MOCK ME." Edge hissed, looking over Red's shoulder—but the moment the lights changed to green, you sped off.

Hearting beating in your chest as you passed by Wendy's and towards the road that leads to your apartment complex, however, the familiar road to Muffet's caught your eye.

Pursuing your lips, you parked your car, paid the parking space and quickly walked down the road until you spotted that familiar purple shop. Pushing the doors open, you shoved your hands into your pockets. Smiling softly at the employee.

"Welcome to Muffet's. Y/n, it isn't your shift." The bunny shook her head at you, a paw hovering over the cash register.

You shrugged your shoulders, sitting on the bar stool. "I know, felt like having a spider cider."

She punched in the price and began to make it for you.

"Hey, uh, did a skeleton come by yet?" You asked, placing your hands on the counter, fiddling with the cuffs of your sweater.

"Stretch? Yeah. He asked for you and I told him you only worked Mondays to Wednesdays." With her back turned to you, she continued to prep the drink, adding a little bit of alcohol and whipped cream. Her tail flicking softly as she hummed.