Chapter 17

~ 3 years later ~

Daniel and I have been together for over 3 years now and it's been the happiest 3 years of my life. He and the band are bigger and better than ever. They have countless singles and quite a few albums and of course millions of fans. Honestly, I still get jealous sometimes when Daniel has to leave. He has pretty girls asking him to marry him but I know he loves me. He makes it a point to tell me that every day.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks as I aimlessly draw hearts on my paper.

"You," I simply state.

"I love you," Daniel says.

"I love you too," I say kissing him on the cheek.

"How about we go out tonight?" He suggests, "it's been a while since we've had a date night."

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a surprise," he smirks.

"Daniel, we've been dating for 3 and a half years now. You should know I hate when you do that," I laugh.

"You say you hate it, but I know you don't. Plus I'm giving you plenty of time. We're leaving in two hours," he says standing up from the table.

"Ugh," I groan, "better than zero minutes."

I finish up my work and head into the bedroom to get changed. I assume we're going somewhere nice so I put on a tight blue dress and some heels after doing my makeup.

"Ready?" He asks.

He's wearing a black shirt tucked into some black jeans. It's a simple outfit but he always looks so good in it.

"Yeah," I smile.

"You look beautiful," he says, "as always."

"Aww Daniel," I say.

He puts his hand out and I place mine in his as we walk to the car. We talk the whole way to wherever we're going. I never run out of things to talk about with Daniel. It's been 3 years and I can't believe he's not tired of me yet, but I'm glad he's not. He pulls up to a beachside restaurant and opens the door for me.

"What a gentleman," I joke.

"I am a gentleman, thank you," he laughs.

We walk in and sit down. Daniel orders for both of us since he knows what's good there. The sun is setting and Daniel's beautiful blue eyes are perfectly illuminated. I never get tired of staring into his eyes. They're breathtaking.

~ Daniel's POV ~

She's lost in thought again. She does it all the time but I don't even care. I've never seen anyone look so beautiful. The way she's glowing with the sun setting behind her. The way her hair falls perfectly even if she thinks it's not. Everything about her is beautiful. I wake up every day and have to remind myself that she's mine. When I go on tour I worry sometimes that someone else will come by and sweep her off her feet. I know she's faithful though. She would never cheat on me, but I can't help but be insecure that someone as stunning as her would be desired and wanted by other guys.

We finished eating and I decide to continue on with the evening. Everything seems to be going as planned. I put out my hand for her to take and she does. Her fingers lace between mine and she lightly squeezes my hand as we walk out of the restaurant.

As soon as we reach the sand of the beach she takes off her heels and holds them. I do the same and we walk down the beach as the sun starts to disappear from the horizon. The light breeze brushes her hair in her face and she tucks a strand behind her ear.

"What?" She asks innocently as if she doesn't know what she's doing to me.

"Nothing," I smile.

"What? You keep looking at me. Are you okay?" She says as a worried look runs across her face.

"Yes I'm fine," I say.

"Are you sure? You haven't said much since we got here," she mentions.

She's right. I've just been so nervous that I haven't really said anything.

"Daniel is something wrong? You can tell me anything. I love you," she says.

She stops walking and forces me to look at her. This is why I fell in love with her. Just one of the many reasons. Her kindness is overwhelming and true. Her beauty is breath taking. Her love is undeviating. I love her so much. That's why I've decide that tonight is the night.

~ y/n POV ~

He still hasn't said anything. I can usually read Daniel like an open book but tonight I can't.

"Y/n," he says softly.

"Yeah?" I say.

I watch as he gets down on one knee and pulls a little black velvet box from his pocket.

"Y/n, I love you," He says, "I love you with my whole heart. Every single part of me loves every single part of you. I told you three years ago that I would marry you. I promised you that. So here I am, following through with that promise. I'm the luckiest man to be able to call you mine. That I get to wake up with you next to me in bed and share my laughs and joys with you. You've taught me so much. Words really can't explain how much I love you. But maybe these four can. Will you marry me?"

I nod my head with tears streaming down my face.

"Yes yes yes of course," I choke out, "Daniel I love you."

He stands and pulls me into a kiss. His soft lips on mine is a feeling I don't know if I'll ever get used to but it's a feeling I never want to let go. We break the kiss and he takes the ring out of the box. I hold out my hand for him to put the ring on. It's a little big but he slips it on.

"Daniel it's beautiful," I smile.

"Almost as beautiful as you," he says.

"I can't wait to marry you," I say, "thank you for keeping your promise."

"Always," he says.

"Always."