Chapter 9

I open my eyes and see an animal shelter with puppies running around.

"Oh my goodness!" I squeal.

I quickly abandon Daniel for the puppies. I scoop one up in my arms as it kisses my face. Daniel comes up behind me with another one in his arms.

"I told them we'd volunteer for a few hours. I hope you don't mind," he says.

"This is like heaven to me," I laugh, "I love this."

Daniel and I spend a few hours helping clean the kennels, feed the animals, and organize a few things. Once we're done they let us take two of them on a walk.

"Thank you so much for bringing me here," I say.

"I'm glad you liked it so much. I wasn't sure how much you'd like volunteering at an animal shelter and all," he replies.

"I actually really like volunteering, although a warning would've been nice," I say.

"Hey at least they let you change into a spare shirt to wear," he laughs.

They gave me a huge t shirt that covered my dress so that it wouldn't get dirty. We finished walking the dogs and brought them back. I said my goodbyes and gave the shirt back before Daniel and I headed to dinner to meet with his band mates and friends. We pull into a restaurant and find the table.

It's a large u-shaped booth with a table in front of it and there are a bunch of people sitting down and some chairs have been pulled up. Daniel and I take a seat and he introduces me to everyone.

"This is y/n," he smiles.

"Hi," i say.

They all say hi and go around and say their names. His band mates are Jonah, who I met before, Jack, Corbyn, and Zach. There's also Eben, Tate, and Gabbie and a baby. I come to find that Tate is dating Jonah and Gabbie is with Jack and the baby is their daughter. Corbyn also has a girlfriend but she lives in New York so she couldn't come to dinner. We order food and talk the whole time. The plan was to get there early so that we didn't stay until closing time but that didn't work. We were almost the only ones left in the restaurant by the time we finally left.

We agreed on going to Jonah, Eben, and Corbyn's house to just hang out for a little bit. Daniel and I drove over and arrived with everyone else. They have a really nice house and it's obvious how successful they are. When I walk in I see their 8 letter plaque and countless other odes to their accomplishments. Everyone goes into the living room and sits down while I wander around the house a little bit. I stumble into their studio and look around. I make my way to the piano and gently run my fingers over the keys.

"What's up?" Someone asks.

I jump and put my hand over my mouth as I turn around.

"Sorry did I scare you," she laughs.

"Yeah," I laugh, "you're Tate, right?"

"That's me," she smiles, "what do you think of the place?"

"It's amazing," I say.

"It is. How do you know Daniel?" She asks.

"We went to high school together," I explain, "we lost touch once we graduated."

"How'd you find each other again," she asks.

"I was actually his Uber driver one night and we remembered each other," I say.

"Funny how that happens, huh?" She says.

"Yeah," I laugh, "I actually kind of hated him at first."