Chapter 8

I spend the night at Daniel's since he insists that it's too dangerous for me to try and drive home. We spend the night talking and laughing. The conversation is pretty light considering our confessions but that's just the way Daniel is. He's always been like that, happy and positive. At some point we both fall asleep on his couch and I wake up not feeling very well. I get up and go to the bathroom and find a thermometer. I check my temperature and it's 100.2, great.

"Are you okay," Daniel asks from the doorway.

"I'm okay. I just have a little bit of a fever so I need to call in sick," I sigh.

"Aww I'm sorry," he says.

"It's okay, it's not your fault," I say walking past him.

I grab my damp clothes from last night and start walking back into the bathroom to change. Daniel stops me and tells me to just wear his stuff and he'll get it later. I thank him and head out the door to go home. Once I get home I change into some sweatpants and a sweatshirt of my own that actually fit me. The only downside is that they don't smell like Daniel. I crawl into bed and call work to call in sick. I roll over and try to sleep it off so I can hang out with Daniel tomorrow. He seems to have some big plans for us and I can't wait.

I wake up to the door bell ringing. I check my phone and it's 12:30. Groaning, i roll out of bed and shuffle to the door. I try and fix my hair a little bit but I don't really care right now.

"Daniel?" I say.

"Hey, I brought you some food," he says holding up a bag from Panera.

"Aww Daniel," i smile, "you're too sweet."

I move aside to let him in. He puts the food down on the kitchen counter and I help him unpack it. There's some soup and mac and cheese. I also find a salad and a sandwich. He hands me the soup and a spoon.

"Thanks," I say.

We sit down at the counter and eat until we're full. I was hungrier than I thought because I forgot I skipped breakfast. Once we finish eating Daniel gets up to leave.

"Wait," I say, "what are you doing today?"

"I just have rehearsals today," he answers, "Why?"

"I was just wondering," I say, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"See you tomorrow," he smiles, "remember we're going to the beach, lunch, someplace fun, and then dinner and hanging out with the guys."

"A full day," I laugh.

"Yeah you're stuck with me," he winks, "you better be ready when I pick you up at 8."

With that he turns and walks back to his car. I close the door and go back in my room and relax. I want to make sure I'm as good as I can possibly be so that I can hang out with Daniel. Before I know it, it's dark outside and I take a shower before going to bed. I wake up to my alarm going off at 6:45. I roll over and turn it off.

After making breakfast I do some water proof makeup and tie my hair into a high ponytail. I comb through my swim suits and pick a lavender bikini and a white mesh cover up. I also pack a tote bag with an outfit for lunch and dinner and an extra one for whatever else Daniel might have planned. He didn't tell me whether to dress fancy or casual for lunch and dinner but I assume casual. I'm ready 15 minutes early so I wait by the door for him.

I see him walking up and open the door before he can ring the doorbell.

"Hi," i smile.

"Ready?" He asks.

I nod and lock the door behind me. I'm feeling a lot better than I was yesterday. We get in the car and drive to the beach. It's a little bit of a drive but with Daniel it doesn't feel that long. He rests his hand on my thigh half way through and I don't move it away.