5• Explosion de Peanut Butter and Jelly Deliciousness

Start from the beginning

"Sounds great," I said with mock-enthusiasm. "Where do we start?"

"Well, I guess I can start on Mr. Student Body since I just so happen to be holding his picture. But you... you can start on your Chemistry man," Celeste said, smirking while she handed me a picture of Jesse.

I rolled my eyes. "You're ridiculous."

"What's ridiculous is the fact that Jesse Campbell, varsity basketball captain, and sexiest man alive award winner, is your Chemistry partner instead of me and... he's a possible candidate," Celest said and held out a gluestick towards me. "Now glue his face on this board. Make sure to label him exactly what I said."

"I might leave out the sexiest man alive part... If I recall, Idris Elba was the most recent sexiest man alive. Not Jesse Campbell, a regular, everyday high school student," I said.

"Whatever," Celeste muttered. "You have to spill the details, by the way. You ignored every single one of my texts while we were in class!"

"I did ignore your texts. And if you'd like to know why it's because I am a dumb bitch when it comes to science and we signed up for an advanced placement chemistry class. Meaning, I need to pay attention," I said. "And there aren't really any details to spill."

"You are seriously infuriating sometimes, you know that?" She said. "What were you two talking about? I saw you talk and then I saw you whisper."

"I don't think you can see someone whisper--"

"STOP BEING A SMARTASS!" Celeste yelled, waving her arms in the air.

I laughed. "Fine. If you are so curious, we introduced ourselves. I gave him my best pickup line and then assured him I was joking, he said he could tolerate me. And then he did, in fact, whisper to me about how if I kept looking at my phone, I wouldn't do well in the class."

Celeste gasped as if what I told her was life-changing news. "You had a legit conversation with Jesse Campbell. God has blessed you."

"I hate you."

"You know if you get close to him... You can get me close to Mr. DeShawn hot-stuff," Celeste said, wiggling her eyebrows. "Just saying."

"I'll let you know when we become BFF's," I joked. My phone buzzed and I saw that my mom texted telling us that dinner was ready. "Okay, we will come back to this amazingly important and life-changing project after we eat cheesy noodles."

"Deal!" Celeste exclaimed and jumped up to her feet, practically sprinting out of my room.

If there was one thing that girl loved more than boys, it was cheesy noodles.

♡♡♡

"This is all carbs, cream, and cheese. A fatty dish, if you will. Not much more than fats," my dad said.

"Robert, I do not even care about your opinion on Fettucine alfredo for the billionth time," my mom said.

"I second that," Celeste agreed. "It is a delicious meal regardless of the fact that it is entirely carbs and does not hold the most nutritious value."

"I agree it is delicious," my dad said.

"You're such a dietitian sometimes," I added.

He shrugged. "It's my job. How could I be a dietitian without fulfilling my dietitianary duties?"

"That is not a word," I said.

"It sounded like a word to me," my precious little brother Ethan chimed in, shrugging his shoulders.

"That's because you're 7 years old, little dude," I told him, patting his shoulder before grabbing my fork and continuing my noodle-eating. I couldn't deny I was also in love with cheesy noodles.