Chapter two

Sky's POV

I couldn't believe what happened. Brandon just dumped my cousin like that. All of us seriously tried to reason with him through our phones but he'd just go to voicemail. Brandon was my best friend, in fact he was like my brother. We all were childhood friends and right after school we got a house where we lived together.

We all grew up together since our parents lived closely together and were friends. It was always Bloom, Stella, Brandon, Aisha, Nabu, Flora, Helia, Musa, Riven, Timmy, Tecna and I. And it seemed as if Brandon started falling for Stella during 4th grade. During 4th grade, they started growing closer to the point where they were inseparable. One day, back then, Bloom wanted to hang out with Stella(They were bestest of friends). For Stella to hang out with her, Brandon was taken along. Brandon was obviously in love with Stella, but he didn't know what love was, he just felt an attraction. That goes for us as well because we were younger back then. I remember during the 2nd term of the grade where he would ramble about Stella all time.

(Flashback)

The bell rang for lunch after math. I had math with Brandon, Helia and Tecna. Helia and Tecna went to find the others so we could meet at the cafeteria. On the way I was left with Brandon and he looked lost in thought.

"Brandon." I clicked my fingers in front of his eyes and broke his trail of thoughts.

"Sky." He glanced at me with raised eyebrows.

"Why are you so quiet? Aren't you gonna talk about Spiderman this time?"

"Uh man... Can you keep a secret?" I rolled eyes at that. I knew he liked Stella. But every time he asked me if I could keep a secret, he'd fill me with new things about his feelings for her.

"Yessss." I dragged out while looking at him.

"The way her hair falls around her face, looking so shiny and golden. And the way her hazel eyes widen when the girls talk to her--"

I waved him off with a smile. "It feels like you just met her at the start of the term."

"Well, it's because I never looked at her in that way because I was younger."

I smiled and shook my head.

"What? It's not like I haven't looked at your new behaviour to Bloom."

I quickly turned to him at the mention of Bloom's name.

"Shut up Brandon." I nudged him playfully.

We entered the cafeteria and met the rest of the guys and girls there, at another table because Stella had complained about the sunlight burning her skin.

(End of flashback)

Then high school came. We were labelled as the most popular, most sexiest boys in school and girls crawled on us. Brandon, (well including all of us as guys) became the typical jock, flirty and had that smirk and bad boy image. However his feelings didn't change towards Stella. Then Stella, the diva, the fashion designer and fashion queen with the latest trends, the fashion and makeup adviser of the girls group reciprocated her feelings for Brandon until it became real love. And the rest of us got each other. It was quite a coincident that all of us fell for our childhood friends. I guess it's them we got closer to and developed feelings for.

Stella and Brandon; the cheesiest, way too touchy couple had broken up. Sure they had their fights and it's usually Stella's shopping addiction or the ' Stella Emergency ' (where she called Brandon telling him to come over ' it's an emergency ' for no reason at all). But one would swear their love was stronger than that. To think that he'd break up with Stella was the last thing that came to your mind.

"Sky?" Musa spoke and I turned to face her with my phone in hand. She looked like she had been laughing.

"Yes. Stella just collapsed." She stated and gestured towards her phone, "I've called the 911 and they're on their way."

I rushed to Stella's room and saw the girls and the guys surrounding her. Others shouting her name. Aisha had tried to revive her with some water but she didn't respond.

I looked at Bloom who was starting to weep with Riven trying to calm her down. I moved the girls away from Stella.

"Could you get away from her?! Stella? Stella! Stella come on!" I carried Stella onto her bed.

"Call the ambulance! DO SOMETHING!!" I shouted. I didn't know what to tell her parents. My head was a mess.

Everyone rushed in and out of the room.

"I told you I called the ambulance Sky! Weren't you listening?!" Musa spat as she switched on a nearby fan.

"Why don't you DO something, huh? Stop being so overly dramatic!" Timmy rolled his eyes.

Maybe I was melodramatic.

In hospital, Stella was immediately admitted. All of us were in the waiting room besides Stella's room. Bloom was already sobbing as if I had broken up with her. I tried to embrace her but I, myself, also needed embracing. I couldn't believe Nabu and Musa-- they were literally recording the whole scene.

I felt rage overcoming me at the sight of them giggling. It seemed like they had caught the whole scene. If Brandon was here, he'd calm me down. I stood up and took large steps towards them.

"Don't you have any manners? Stella is dying in there! And Bloom is crying. Everyone is worried except for you!"

Nabu shrugged. "I don't know how I feel."

"And Stella is not dying. Stop being so overly dramatic." Musa remarked. I could see she was trying hard not to laugh.

"HEY!!!" I swung at them and the guys held me back.

That was when the doctor came out of the room.

"Can you please keep the noise down?" He looked slightly annoyed.

"Doctor just tell us what happened to Stella?" Helia dismissed the doctor.

"Mrs Solaria has a dehydration disorder." The atmosphere felt so sour, so sour that I could even taste the sourness of it in my mouth.

"And it looks like she is stressing about something. She's been mumbling a name ' Brandon. ' If you people do not take utmost care, her life could be in danger. Remember that dehydration is caused by the lack of water in her body. This can also disrupt the livers from working properly." As the doctor said this, I clenched my jaws.

And that's when I started resenting Brandon Shields.